User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the same so I found a local reliable certified RV technician. GD has OK their detailed estimates as they realize that the dealer is backed up

Dealers are usually suspect for repairs in many places because 1- they are really set up to prep new vehicles 2- the give that “ preference” spiel when you buy. They keep adding purchased RV each year but don’t expand their service departments so they are set up to fsil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were a young person looking for a career that will be good in the future, I would either do information technology or rv technican. RV technician is going to be a really good skill set to have over the next 40 years.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    If I were a young person looking for a career that will be good in the future, I would either do information technology or rv technican. RV technician is going to be a really good skill set to have over the next 40 years.
    That's what we keep telling our son who is at a ponit of wanting a change . We overnighted the other night and so did a mobile repair tech who travels in his Mobile Suites...can't be all bad. I think the write offs for living would be great considering you have to travel for work if you follow the seasonals and snowbirds around
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get use to price increases on everything, everywhere.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 05-05-2021 at 04:17 PM. Reason: political content removed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD22RBE View Post
    get use to price increases on everything, everywhere.
    Yes; brace yourself. Bank of America reported in the past week that in the best case scenario we will experience “transitory hyper-inflation.” Things are going to get real expensive really quickly. Many of the basics (corn, lumber, copper...) have seen triple-digit increases already. Anyone bought a sheet of plywood lately?

In their best case scenario, prices will return to “normal” after the economy is in full swing again. We will all be paying a whole lot more, for everything, for some time to come. The question is how long will we experience this hyper-inflation. Prices always go up much faster than they come down. It’s pretty much a nightmare scenario. It’s going to get very ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MSRP for my 2021 312 BHTS trailer has gone up over 40% since I bought it last March. But the new ones have an inverter and a 12 volt compressor fridge which I think is less expensive that my Norcold electric/propane unit.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by copytmpmzl View Post
    Sold my RV last summer with the idea of upgrading to a class A. Started shopping months ago and I found one constant. I guess the Covid-19 generation is buying up RV's instead of taking their normal flyaway vacations. All this buying has let dealers push up prices on everything because somebody will but it. A nice used class A I considered buying 6 months ago is now $30,000-$60,000 more than it was then. They are marketing real junk like Coachman for top dollars. It is my prediction this buy frenzy will fizzle out come Nov 2021. Driven down by those dumping the RV they bought because it is not what they thought it would be, they find it expensive to maintain and store, or they just discovered it's not for them. In any case I think the market will be flush again with RV's driving down the resale price. All those that are buying now will lose their shirts when the market drops as they are trying to bail out of their purchase.
    It is my opinion this is wishful thinking. There is no reason to believe that there will be any greater % of people getting out of RVing after the COVID from the era before it.

The reservations are harder to come by and no signs of that letting up in campsites and state/ natural parks.

These musings are not substantiated by any real facts to date.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s hard to make predictions. Especially about the future. Yogi B.

2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12