User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Majorly Downsizing to 15FLE

Hello, my husband and I are downsizing from a 37-foot TT to an Imagine XLS 15FLE. It is the most unique and spacious-feeling layout I have ever seen in a camper of this size. I am very excited! He is a bit apprehensive but on board for the adventure. As of now, we’re still using the same tow vehicle which feels like overkill, but oh well. I’ve always been impressed with Grand Design’s quality and am looking forward to new experiences in our “baby camper”. We pick it up in about 30 days.
    2021 15FLE
    2004 F-250 super duty diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our 15FLE, picked it up in March and have been out every weekend since. It is amazing how spacious it is inside while being so easy to haul and maneuver! My wife even does all the driving.

You'll love it! So far the only modifications we made were a slideout cover and installation of a Progressive Industries hard wired EMS HW30C (Plenty of space behind the panel, just pull out the drawers across from the refrigerator and access is wide open.)

I was surprised that there is so much voided space behind those drawers and do plan to get longer drawer slides and rebuild the drawer boxes to add an additional foot of depth to each drawer soon.
    We're also adding a Xantrex Freedom XC2000 inverter and additional batteries next month and will be pursuing solar after.

If I have a complaint, it would be the very limited "basement" / exterior storage - but careful packing let's me get all hoses, folding chairs, rug, collapsible table and some fittings / fixtures inside.

Have fun - we couldn't be happier with ours!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all this info! One thing I’ve been wondering about - what did you decide to do for bedding? That sleeping area is an odd size.
    2021 15FLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and Welcome Stacy!

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bedding / Mattress

Quote Originally Posted by stacyann0810 View Post
    Thanks for all this info! One thing I’ve been wondering about - what did you decide to do for bedding? That sleeping area is an odd size.
    We do not use the dinette - I guess that is one other "modification"...

- We put a queen mattress on top of the cushions (we like the additional height, although it would work fine to remove the cushions also). The width of that area is the same as the queen.

The area is longer by exactly the width of one cushion. We replaced that cushion with some cloth covered storage bins, but it would be fine to leave it in place / almost like a headboard / etc.

If keeping the convertible dinette, standard queen sheets will fit fine over all but the last cushion that runs horizontally along the windows. (Although the cushions did feel pretty uncomfortable to us.)

I'll send some photos to clarify later today.
    Cybele and Joel
    2121 Silverado RST Duramax Diesel
    2021 Imagine XLS 15FLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, this is good info too. I’ve been contemplating what to do.
    2021 15FLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a photo of the standard queen mattress - we added the boxes on the right side - there is a cushion that fills that area if they are removed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15FLE_Bed.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	34195
    Cybele and Joel
    2121 Silverado RST Duramax Diesel
    2021 Imagine XLS 15FLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a perfect fit! Maybe we will consider doing this. Once we get it home next week, we'll have to try it out and see what we like. Thanks for this!
    2021 15FLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link to the storage boxes pictured on the right. We were happy to find that these fit perfectly and are collapsible should they need to be put aside for any reason.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085BY1BTM...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you do for a table/eating area since you do not use the dinette? When camping, we eat outside whenever possible, but what about inclement weather?
    2021 15FLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast