User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon to be New owner

Hello everyone,

I’m in the process of picking up a 2019 Reflection 367BHS. I’m totally new to RV’s but I’ve been spending hour sifting thru various threads on here.

I’ll be living in the RV full time until my house is constructed. The first month or so will be off the grid as I await the installation of water and power.

I’m in the PacNW so there isn’t a ton of sunlight available year round for solar so I’ll be picking ul a generator. I’ll probably go with an Onan 4500i or a Westinghouse igen4500. I have a few dogs that will need to be kept cool on the rare hot days so I think a larger generator would be best.

The RV only has one deep celled battery and that has me worried a bit. I have no background in wiring or electrical work, but I feel like a more powerful battery bank should be installed. I’ve read good things about making a bank of golf cart batteries so I will probably look into that.

Anyways, I’ll stop rambling. Just wanted to make my presence known and to say thanks for putting together a great resource for new folks like myself. Thanks to the info I’ve read here, I’ll probably survive 10 days instead of the 3 hours prior to finding this place haha.

RB

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Habe you considered putting in an rv car port type structure? It will lessen the heat load on the rig and will serve you after the build.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the group.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome
    Golf cart batteries would be a good choice. Remember each pair gets wired in series.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard!
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    Welcome
    Golf cart batteries would be a good choice. Remember each pair gets wired in series.

Thanks everyone. I’m on day 2 right now. The RV has the stock battery and it dies super fast even with nothing actively running. I charge it up and run most things on my Champion 4500. I’ll look into the golf cart batteries. I’ve found a couple website that ran up to 4 golf cart batteries. I’ll keep digging thru old threads on here as well.
    Last edited by NwNewbie; 05-09-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I charades up the battery and it’s holding on. Unplugging the microwave helped a lot haha. You really learn about what consumes energy when you’re not plugged in. I’ll be checking out batteries tomorrow.