User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

351 MS-R with Solar Package owners - Can you check something for me?

I have a couple of troubleshooting questions for the 351MS with Solar owners. These questions may seem strange, but I am trying to figure out how my RV should be wired (it was wrong from the factory.)

If you turn off your microwave breaker, can you run the builtin vacuum cleaner? Can you turn on the kitchen lights?

If you disconnect shore power and turn off the inverter, can you run the vacuum or turn on the kitchen lights?

With shore power disconnected and the inverter on, can you run the vacuum and turn on the kitchen lights?

If you can run any of these tests for me, please do...

Thank you

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just off the top of my head, turning of the breaker to the microwave should have no effect on the lights and vacuum since they are 12V, ditto with turning off the inverter. At least the ones in my 2019 351M are.

Does yours not work with the breaker shut off?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think things change when you have the solar option.

My RV came wired wrong, the refrigerator didn't work while inverting. I found that the microwave breaker would shut off the refrigerator. The refrigerator breaker in the sub panel would shut off the microware. The sub panel is ran by shore power and the inverter. To fix it, I pulled the wires out of the breakers and swapped them.

The wire that now goes to the microwave goes to a couple of outlets that are behind the panel with the vacuum cleaner on it. One outlet is for the vacuum and the other is for the 12V converter. So, when I am on shore power, everything works. When inverting, I do not have 12V. I believe that the issue is that those two outlets should be live while inverting.

I think I'll need to reroute the wires a bit. But I would like to confirm that my thoughts are correct and the steps in the original post will verify that.

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the explanation, sounds very convoluted.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 2020 with solar, the refer goes through the inverter, even thought is propane/electric, but the micro does not. The outlets, tvs, vacuum work on the inverter
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    vacuum work on the inverter
    Then it is as I expected. I suspect your converter does too. I'd bet that the vacuum and 12v lights would go off if you flipped the refrigerator breaker in the sub panel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No so fast. This AM, the lights went out in the RV. I was going to check the fuses in the breaker box that I noticed a breaker was tripped... it was the converter breaker.

That changes the question. What provides 12 VDC when you are inverting?

If it is a transfer switch, what triggers it to switch?

Is there a document that explains how the system should work?

-B

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    No so fast. This AM, the lights went out in the RV. I was going to check the fuses in the breaker box that I noticed a breaker was tripped... it was the converter breaker.

That changes the question. What provides 12 VDC when you are inverting?

If it is a transfer switch, what triggers it to switch?

Is there a document that explains how the system should work?

-B
    Most inverters are wired through an ATS (automatic transfer switch). When on shore power the inverter is bypassed, if there is no shore power the inverter takes over. My Reflection came with an "inverter prep" feature. That was a way to wire in your inverter and ATS. For me, after installing the inverter and ATS, when I was off shore power (inverter on) I had AC power on the outlets and the microwave worked. On the breaker panel, I have two breakers labeled inverter prep. It sounds like your coach may be wired differently.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    It sounds like your coach may be wired differently.
    I think the solar package changes things a bit.

I wish there was some documentation on this thing....

-B

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    Then it is as I expected. I suspect your converter does too. I'd bet that the vacuum and 12v lights would go off if you flipped the refrigerator breaker in the sub panel.
    I'll double check, but I don't think the converter is on the inverter. The converter breaker is on that main panel, everything on the inverter is on a sub panel.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast