User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most RV fridges say to be within 3 degrees of level. That's actually very uncomfortable living conditions, rolling out of bed uncomfortable!
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your on level ground you should be fine.
    If at a campground or slightly unlevel, I would recommend unhooking, pulling the truck about 6 inches forward and leveling. It only take a few minutes and it's not worth the cost of a new fridge, slides unaligned or something else going wrong. Reconnecting will be easier because you will only be 6 inches from your tongue. Cutting corners is never a good idea.
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    Most RV fridges say to be within 3 degrees of level. That's actually very uncomfortable living conditions, rolling out of bed uncomfortable!
    I've overnighted at Walmarts or wide spots in the road where it was kind of annoying for sleeping. And the shower water pooled up in the end of the shower. No problems with the fridge. Like RickLight says, if you can stand it, then the fridge can probably stand it.
    signature

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    I've overnighted at Walmarts or wide spots in the road where it was kind of annoying for sleeping. And the shower water pooled up in the end of the shower. No problems with the fridge. Like RickLight says, if you can stand it, then the fridge can probably stand it.
    Probably ok sounds like maybe not ok to me. RV absorbtion fridge damage is cumulative and may not be seen right away. Like the man says...you take your chances. With the cost of a new cooling unit I'm thinking level is a good thing.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I check the level before parking with staying overnight for a quick nights sleep. I use a Level Mate Pro https://www.amazon.com/LogicBlue-Tec.../dp/B01FGGSWPW to quickly see how unlevel my unit is before parking. This way I do not even have to get out of my truck. I stay connected and put out the slide (depending on where we are).
    Bobby K.
    2021 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Ram 2500 CTD
    Central Maryland

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have remained hitch connected with the truck overnight. You have to decide what you are comfortable with. Since my tow is almost perfectly level, I will always be a bit nose high when I take some weight off the hitch. I try and compensate with the mid and rear jacks, but that is a by 'feel' process. Sometimes its just faster to unhitch and move a couple feet forward to make me sleep better.

-Set parking brake.
    -Lower front jacks to take some weight off of the truck and watch the level display (solitude) to get it close to level. The trick is to find where you have some of the weight off of the truck, but not so much as to be lifting the truck bed with your trailer (Yes, it will).
    -Lower other jacks to take some weight and provide stability.
    -Tweek jacks to get close to level all around ( I like to see less than .5 degrees, but its your call).
    -Check that you still have a little weight on the truck.
    -Chock trailer wheels.
    -Deploy slides and enjoy.

The site has to look very good by eye or I just unhitch.
    I don't know if its age or attitude or stupidity, but my risk management is bordering on paranoid. The truck and trailer are just too expensive.
    I have flashbacks of The Long Long Trailer.

Rob.
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Probably ok sounds like maybe not ok to me.
    Fine.
    Norcold & Dometic specify 3 degrees side to side and 6 degrees front to back (page 4 in https://norcold.com/wp-content/uploa...ers-manual.pdf for example). I'll go with what they say.

For those familiar with road grades, 6 degrees front to back is being parked on a 10% grade. I would consider that uncomfortable living conditions even though the fridge would be ok.
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 04-27-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    signature

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivipic View Post
    We have a 2017 Reflection 26rls 5th wheel. We are relatively new to RVing and are not ready to dry camp yet. We've been staying at parks where we have full hookups and stay for a few day, so we unhook from our truck and use our stabilizers. If we wanted to spend just one night somewhere and don't want to go through the whole process to unhitch, is it safe to open slides overnight while hitched to the truck? Also, while hitched to the truck should we put down the stabilizers? For a quick overnight we wouldn't be bothered by wobbling.
    I do just this frequently especially if getting in later for an overnight stay. My rig travels pretty level. After firmly chocking I put the front landing gear down enough to unload from the hitch ( Note I have an Andersen hitch ) and level front to back. Then the rear stabilizers to steady the back end. After all are planted I run the slide out. I haven't encountered any problems nor expect any as long as the trailer is close to level and on firm footing before extending the slide. You may need to judge your campsite to get a close approximation of level or in a place where you can use your landing gear to make adjustments. A few tries and it becomes second nature.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 04-27-2021 at 05:35 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the topic of a quick overnight stay - personally, I don't disconnect, deploy the stabilizers, unfurl the awnings, nor extend the slides if I'm at a Walmart, truck stop, or public roadside rest area.

I try to be as compact and non-camplike as possible. Here in the western US that tends to be proper etiquette at those places.
    signature

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    On the topic of a quick overnight stay - personally, I don't disconnect, deploy the stabilizers, unfurl the awnings, nor extend the slides if I'm at a Walmart, truck stop, or public roadside rest area.

I try to be as compact and non-camplike as possible. Here in the western US that tends to be proper etiquette at those places.
    Only problem with your plan (for us) is - we gotta put at least one slide out to access the bathroom & bedroom.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast