Greetings all. So we have not yet taken delivery of our 351M, and have sooo many questions about it. I will not bore you and post all of them at the same time, so here is one...

We like the idea of the onboard fuel station, but for a different reason than most (we think). We do not have a generator installed, so we have no intention of using one tank for the generator. I believe I have seen several threads on how to bypass the generator and use that tank for toys. I'll get caught up on those soon.

So my question is in the title. I was thinking that it would be nice if the 'gas' tank that is intended for toys could actually be used as an 'extra' diesel fuel tank to possibly extend the range of the diesel tow vehicle. That, IMHO, would provide a little extra peace-of-mind on those long trips where diesel stops may be few and far between, or when you are really off the beaten path and in need of fuel.

Is this a good idea, or a really bad one?

So what say you? Has anyone ever thought of doing this, or actually succeeded in doing it? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks in advance for your comments.