User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Evening wrenchonit, there are a few things for you to check.

1. Check all ac circuit breaker’s that they are not tripped
    2. Check your GFCI outlets. One may be tripped and cause others to not provide juice downstream on the same string
    3. Make sure you battery disconnect is set correctly, not disconnected from the system
    4. Check all DC fuses in the distribution center.
    5. Check AC power going into the coach, make sure you have 120 on each leg l1 to ground = 120, l2 to ground = 120, l1 to l2 = 240

Once you have verified these items, pull the cover off the heater area and check the following
    1. Check voltage to the outlet the converter is plugged into
    2. Check DC output of the converter
    3. Check AC output of the converter

I have attached a picture of my converter, which should be the same as yours.

Thanks,
    Bill

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5368.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	33680

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hadn't realized that the converter is a plug-in appliance--I thought it was hard-wired! I'll verify that it is plugged-in first, that the outlet for it has power and try using an extension cord directly to it.

I appreciate all the troubleshooting advice on this.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    All I know is when I've plugged in to 15A using a 50->30 and then a 30->15 I've never had an issue providing power to both legs.
    I have always made my own adapters. Since a 30 amp circuit is only one hot lead, when making a 30 amp adapter to connect to your (two-hot leads) 50 amp male trailer plug, the 50 amp female end receptacle must have a jumper between the two main power connectors. This will let the single-phase power to be divided equally between both circuits of your panel...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    I have always made my own adapters. Since a 30 amp circuit is only one hot lead, when making a 30 amp adapter to connect to your (two-hot leads) 50 amp male trailer plug, the 50 amp female end receptacle must have a jumper between the two main power connectors. This will let the single-phase power to be divided equally between both circuits of your panel...
    Lots of 50 -15 and 30 - 15 adapters out there for like 20 bucks. Got mine with a 90 degree angle so I don’t add extra stress to my shore cord

2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Lots of 50 -15 and 30 - 15 adapters out there for like 20 bucks. Got mine with a 90 degree angle so I don’t add extra stress to my shore cord

I pictured the straight cord that came with our unit pulling the 50 amp receptacle right out of the RV. My solution was an 18 inch "dog bone" with the female marine connector and a female 50 amp receptacle. The dog bone hangs straight down at 90 degrees like you mentioned. Then I cut the marine plugs off my other cords and added 4-pin female 50 amp receptacles. Now I can use whichever length cord I need or I can chain them together as needed. This works for us.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thought. You might have a loose connection or a bad breaker at the pedestal you installed. You can get a 120 volt reading with no load and no or very low voltage under load. The loose connection could also be in the trailers breaker box.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12