User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crack in front Cap on 2019 381 Momentum

Hi Fellow GDs. We just discovered a hairline crack on the nose of our fifth wheel. We haven’t had the best of luck with our Tucson local dealer for service. We would appreciate and advice on how to remedy this or a referral to a good service dealer for Grand Design near by. Thanks in advance.

Kathy And Steve

2018 Reflection 327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi French Family
    Take your unit to an autobody shop and get an estimate. Then submit to GD for approval to fix. It’ an easy fix and you will not notice it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I would like to know how you resolved your issue. I just found out I have the same problem with my 2019 Reflection purchased in August, 2018. The booklet supplied by my dealer says that it is covered under the 3 year warranty but my dealer says it is only covered for one year.
    Needless to say I am not a really happy camper!
    Pierre

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigag1 View Post
    Hi, I would like to know how you resolved your issue. I just found out I have the same problem with my 2019 Reflection purchased in August, 2018. The booklet supplied by my dealer says that it is covered under the 3 year warranty but my dealer says it is only covered for one year.
    Pierre
    Call Grand Design customer service yourself. They are very helpful.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pierre
    Our 2018 297RSTS has some stress cracks as well. I call GD customer service and sent them pictures. GD approved a repair either at a dealer or a local body shop. Sent the body shop quote last week and GD approved the repair. It goes in next week to be fixed. We purchased ours in September 2018.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great! Thanks for your reply.
    Pierre

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is from the warranty pages for the 3 year structural warranty in the Reflection owner's manual....

"What types of things are excluded from the Warranty?

This Warranty does not cover:

i. Front and rear fiberglass caps and any other cosmetic fiberglass attachments;"
    Last edited by huntr70; 10-05-2020 at 09:37 AM.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the booklet supplied by the dealer under the three year limited structural warranty clause, it covers structural components which include amoung many things laminated fiberglass front wall (wrap). Wouldn't the front nose be considered the front wall (wrap)? Anyway, I find it highly unacceptable that a 2 year old trailer already has stress cracks on any fiberglass parts!

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the booklet supplied by the dealer under the three year limited structural warranty clause, it covers structural components which include amoung many things laminated fiberglass front wall (wrap). Wouldn't the front nose be considered the front wall (wrap)? Anyway, I find it highly unacceptable that a 2 year old trailer already has stress cracks on any fiberglass parts!
    Keep going down that list to what is NOT covered.

No, your front cap is not a laminated front wall or wrap. That would pertain to the Transcend and Imagine XLS line.

Just pointing out what is covered, and how long....
    Last edited by huntr70; 10-06-2020 at 06:50 AM.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called GD customer service and sent them pictures on my 2 year old Reflection with stress cracks on the front of the cap at the street side corner. GD is covering the repair. I see that you are in Cambridge Ontario. If GD customer service covers it I can save you some time as only Great Canadian on Manitou drive in Kitchener does this type of repair. I spent days calling and going to body shops for quotes and they were the only ones that will do the entire fix and paint repair.

I know what Steve is saying but GD is covering my repair on my 2 year old trailer as it is coming from under the roof sealant from the assembly screws being tightened too much during the build.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast