User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I have a somewhat different view, and it requires active management of one's finances... Not all debt is bad debt, and that's been a fact for a few decades now..
    Nikki and I could have paid cash, but that would have been a poor financial choice. That dollar amount was (money market) returning at a little over 3 times the fixed interest rate on our loan. When COVID-19 dragged the money market rate down, I put that into other investments that worked out strongly in our favor. Having the liquidity was a sound decision. Now I completely agree if one has taken such a loan to buy over what they can truly afford, that is a more risky prospect and easily lends to being underwater with any sort of recreational vehicle.
    This! I do exactly the same thing. I'll always finance, and for as long as possible when the rates are low.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Get ready, they are coming.

Just received emails from all lines of Grand Design.

7% price increase effective today. All retail ordered units in their system are price protected, but moving forward, everything is now 7% higher.

On a similar note, it is from all manufacturers.....Keystone is going up 4% on 5/1 and another 5% ON 6/1.

Heartland is 5% on 5/1.

FR is coming also. 7% on 6/1.
    That sounds great, we just got back from our year long trip we had planned in our 380FL solitude. And it's currently in the shop getting all the little things fixed that need repair after a yearlong bouncing down the roads here in America. And then it will be up for sale. We talked to the dealer here in Florida about trading it in and they recommend selling it ourself. They said we could get a lot more, and I mean a lot more, he said by selling it ourselves compared to what they give on any trade in.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the cost of materials, this seems reasonable. You have to take a loan to buy lumber right now. (Figuratively speaking) Prices will come back down when all of Covid calms down. Crazy times.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdsbls View Post
    With the cost of materials, this seems reasonable. You have to take a loan to buy lumber right now. (Figuratively speaking) Prices will come back down when all of Covid calms down. Crazy times.
    Unlikely. The trillions of dollars that was printed is the cause of the increase

I almost bet a 2x4 that was always 2 bucks will always be 6 now

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be nice if GD increased its quality control practices the same percentage they increase price. Unfortunately quality control is usually inversely proportional to price increases. In regard to financing, if you have to cash in appreciated stock to pay cash, you may need to bang the 0-15-29% capital gains rate against the interest you'd pay via financing. Once Biden's rates kick in, youre probably better off financing.
    Last edited by grassmaster; 05-01-2021 at 10:38 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Just curious..........what is the maximum length of time a trailer can be financed for. And, what is the average length of time buyers are financing for?
    Well, I'm single and 73. Bought a new $65K that I could have paid cash for but told my CU to finance it for 10 years. Also told them that if I don't live that long, it's not my problem anymore. They laughed.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you get this information?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering5thwheelers View Post
    Steve is a RV salesman and handles Grand Design.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    That dollar amount was (money market) returning at a little over 3 times the fixed interest rate on our loan.
    That’s kind of hard to believe. What rate did you finance at and what was your money market fund paying? And where, cause CD/MM rates have been pitiful since 2008. But March 2020 offered some fantastic opportunities, like buying Novavax at $12.50/share - a $3000 investment mostly paid for our trailer in August.
    Rusty & Cathy
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2016 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed 4WD 6L
    Husky 32217 Centerline WDH

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering5thwheelers View Post
    Yes, I am in direct contact with Grand Design (and other manufacturers) since I do all the ordering of new units in our dealership.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast