User Tag List

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 transcend - leak under bumper - spray port the problem?

Hello all, first post today. I bought a Transcend last July and have camped with it at least 10 different times now. Only issues have been minor leaks that I found the source of and corrected. I still have the warranty available but am inclined to fix something myself if I can. I just noticed a leak during a trip last week that I haven't found the source of and therefore haven't corrected. At the rear of the travel trailer at the very bottom, there is some kind of waterproof membrane and it feels like it is full of water when I push on it. The water drips out slowly on to the bumper. It's not condensation since I wasn't running a/c and the weather was great. The leak didn't start until I was connected to city water. It seems to be a leak inside the back wall that is going down to that membrane and getting accumulated there. The only plumbing I am aware of that would be in that back wall is the exterior spray port. I didn't use it during the last trip but I know it is under pressure once city water is connected. So I am assuming it is leaking somewhere behind the wall where the spray port is connected.

Has anyone else dealt with this? Is there a way I can get to the source of this leak without voiding a warranty? If I'm not using that spray port anyway, can I shut off the water pressure to it by turning a valve somewhere? If it is a small leak that only occurs when connected to city water, would it make any sense to cut a small hole in the membrane so that it leaks out and doesn't accumulate there? Can I take off the spray port and get to its connections behind the wall that way?

Thanks for any help or advice. Not sure if I can upload a video but I do have one so I am going to try to do so. [Link removed]

Tom
    Last edited by Second Chance; 04-26-2021 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Link to video on first post - link didn't work