Thread: Paint code

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paint code

Hey folks,

I have some scratches to the lower fender skirting on my 2018 375RES, and I am trying to track down the paint code.

I emailed GD, but surprisingly they were not much help at all.

It's the brown colour over the wheels on the metal skirting I am looking to respray.

Any help would be awesome, thank you
    Lyndon

Grand Design 375RES, stationary.
    Cottage Country, Ontario Canada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say I am I bit taken back....

After no help from GD on this, I reached out to my dealer. They got back to me that there is no paint code for the metal fender, that it comes fully painted.

So, in other words...if you get a scratch on your metal fender....don't think about getting touch up paint. You need to buy an entire fender at $750.

Total insanity.

I think I'm going to pull the fender off and take it to a body shop and see if they can colour match it. If I can get a code, I will post it so nobody else has to go through this.

Lyndon
    Lyndon

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once had the PPG paint code page for the light brown color on my 5 year old Reflection. By now, they've used a number of colors over the years.

Medium and large size cities have auto paint stores that sell to body repair facilities. And they can match virtually any color if you have a body part they can see or scan.

The metal parts are easier to paint than the fiberglass side panels, etc. The patched fiberglass on any RV has a rough finish, and the painter must essentially do a faux finish to match that texture--done with spraying the paint and then texturing it with wadded up plastic wrap. Some painters are better than others at matching the textures.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyJoe View Post
    I have to say I am I bit taken back....

After no help from GD on this, I reached out to my dealer. They got back to me that there is no paint code for the metal fender, that it comes fully painted.

So, in other words...if you get a scratch on your metal fender....don't think about getting touch up paint. You need to buy an entire fender at $750.

Total insanity.

I think I'm going to pull the fender off and take it to a body shop and see if they can colour match it. If I can get a code, I will post it so nobody else has to go through this.

Lyndon
    For just a scratch, I wouldn't replace the whole fender. I'd check out an auto body shop to match the color. It would be close enough.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that if you don't get it close - I mean really close - it will stand out more the farther away you are. Having worked in the body shop world 30 years ago, having a mix out by 2% creates a totally different look - and that's made worse when working with metallics.

If I can't get the code for the fender (or get super close) , I may just respray the entire fender.

GD got back to my dealer and said the fenders come from their supplier that way...ok, here is an idea - how about call the supplier and get the code? Or if you are too busy, give me the supplier info and I'll call them...

I'm actually quite disappointed with GD on this...
    Lyndon

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyJoe View Post
    The problem is that if you don't get it close - I mean really close - it will stand out more the farther away you are. Having worked in the body shop world 30 years ago, having a mix out by 2% creates a totally different look - and that's made worse when working with metallics.

If I can't get the code for the fender (or get super close) , I may just respray the entire fender.

GD got back to my dealer and said the fenders come from their supplier that way...ok, here is an idea - how about call the supplier and get the code? Or if you are too busy, give me the supplier info and I'll call them...

I'm actually quite disappointed with GD on this...
    If you can get your trailer by an auto paint seller or a body shop as @livinthelife said, they can match the color exactly. The same way HD or Lowes matches paint colors. The supplier of the skirts is Lippert Components (LCI) I believe.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas