I want to start off by saying that I know I need a bigger truck but with today's market, I will have to wait until next year (hopefully).

My current TV is a 1500 Silverado Crew Cab Short Bed Z71. The tires that came on the truck are Wrangler SRA P265-65-18's. I am towing a 2021 Imagine 2670MK with a dry tongue weight of 810lbs and an "almost" loaded tongue weight of 1,150lbs (using a sherline tongue scale). My current hitch (which will be upgraded) is an E2 10,000 / 1,000. We were not expecting this much tongue weight based off the manufacturer website.

I am looking to upgrade my tires to something more suitable for towing to reduce movement/sway, and numerous comments say to go with E rated tires. After speaking with several tire shops, they recommend not going to an E rated tire because my truck is not set up for that type of tire. So what is a good option for a 1/2 ton that was built with P rated tires? Using the load index scale, would a 114 or 116 be a good alternative or do I need the jump to E rated? Most E rated will require me to change to a 265-70-18, which does not seem like a big deal. The truck is a daily driver with several weekend camping trips within 100 miles but highway speeds can be white knuckle so I stay in the slow lane. As mentioned in the beginning I do plan to upgrade to a 3/4 ton next year.