Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue Ox TrackPro WD Hitch

Can anyone share their experiences with the Blue Ox TrackPro WD hitch? What are your pros and cons?

My current hitch is an E2 10,000/1,000 but the new TT has a tongue weight that averages out between 1100 and 1200lbs, so I am leaning towards the 13,000/1,300 setup. The E2 option only goes up to 1,200lbs.

Current TV is a Silverado 1500 but will hopefully be upgrading to a 3/4 ton next year.
    2021 Imagine 2670MK
    2016 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab Short Bed 5.3L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very interested in this hitch as well as an alternative to Equalizer

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm entertaining replacing my Husky Center Line because the friction bars are noisy. The WDH works as advertised for load balancing and sway, just a little noisy. That Blue Ox Track Pro looks very close to the Husky so it might be noisy as well as it works with friction. I'm looking closely at the Anderson, highly rated and the lightest. And I'm looking at the Blue Ox Sway Pro as it has no friction bars but just as heavy as my Husky.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I'm looking at the Blue Ox Sway Pro as it has no friction bars but just as heavy as my Husky.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    I cannot speak for the TrackPro but I do have the Sway Pro model. Also since I have not had the other WDHs listed above, I can't compare. I like the hitch and with the proper tension, distributes the weight very well. It does not stop the "suck/pull" you get when an 18 wheeler passes but I've had no indication of sway otherwise. It is quiet. No noise whatsoever. My tow rig and trailer are fairly close to the same weight so I don't think any hitch will totally stop the suck/pull syndrome but for weight transfer and handling it works well. The chain tension method is tough unless you are very robust so I switched over to the "Strap Tec" system. Yes it's yet another expense but it pays for itself on its first use. It also allows additional adjustment if needed during the trip with little extra effort. Best towing investment I've made.

PS... I'm running the 1K bars.

Good luck.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how well does your 1500 handle that trailer.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    how well does your 1500 handle that trailer.
    If you are asking me, well not too bad. The small V8 pulls fine. I replaced the tires with an LT type and I had air bags already installed before purchase of the trailer. The hitch seems to do its job but I still get the "push/pull" syndrome. The biggest drawback is the small fuel tank thus a limited range between stops. We pack light so exceeding payload has not been a factor. Coming off 15 years in a 2500 Duramax, I like the truck a lot. I'd buy a smaller camper before getting a larger truck.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Track Pro and it works great or I was just lucky with the set up. No sway whatsoever and porpoising over some bumps which I think is because of the flat bar design. The Tundra pulls great even though I’m close to payload limits or even slightly over. It does make a little noise but no more than any friction type away control.