User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solo Stove Users

I did a search a saw several posts where people have purchase the Solo Stove.

Those that own one do you still like them and think it was worth the purchase?

1. Does anybody have the Ranger or is it better to purchase the Bonfire?
    2. Do they put out good heat? I've heard that below the knees you don't get much heat.
    3. Because they burn wood so well do you see yourself going thru it quickly or does it stay hot with coals longer?

Thanks.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve had one for several years (bonfire) and love it. The purchase was driven by my health intolerance of smoke. It definitely minimized the amount of smoke coming out. It sounds crazy but the little smoke that does come out doesn’t stink like regular smoke. I bought the original version and after several years had some issues. Contacted manufacturer and sent a couple pics and a new and improved one was on the way no questions. They put out decent heat but I do agree the knee area is a little lacking. It will burn through some wood! One of the challenges is the wood has to be short enough to fit in it. Anything above the rim will smoke. It is a little bulky to bring along but again for us the choices were limited. Only other real issue is that you have to dump the ashes which can be a little messy. If your an all day/night burner it tends to fill up with ashes quickly. If you burn for a couple hours a day I usually empty it daily. I’ve lost count of how many people have seen it and said they were going to buy one. I try to use a mix of soft and harder wood so I get good heat but not a lot of ash.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a Bonfire for a couple of years and love it. Below the knees is a bit colder. Once going good they are basically smokeless. It is a hungry beast and if you have really seasoned wood it'll blow right through it. With that said once going it has no problem burning slightly green wood which lasts a little longer.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the Bonfire for a year. Really like it. Very effective at reducing the smoke while creating heat. At the top it can reach 500 degrees but you can touch the sides. It does burn a lot of wood though. One issue you will have is campground wood it cut too long to fit in the inside the firepit. If it sticks out it will smoke.
    Harry C
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML
    2015 F350
    Formerly: Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will radiate heat lower when it has a lot of hot coals also....not as much as an open fire.

If you find someone who sells cord wood, ask for the oddball size pile they have left. These smaller lengths
    Burn great! Also let it breathe. Had family over and they kept feeding it to almost choke it out.

Love ours. Bonfire.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc