User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Furrion AC Thermostats Reading Erroneously

We just picked up our new 2910BH last Friday. Took it out for a couple days locally to shakedown. Found some small things but all easily fixed myself. The big issue is with the dual AC units. I've read there's been a lot of issues with the Furrion temp sensors but mainly with the heat function. Our issue is with the AC. The room temperature reading itself is obviously off but the main issue is if I run the front AC the rear thermostat in the bedroom reads between 40 and 55 degrees(Room Temp). If I turn everything off and let the thermostat temp come back above 60 on the bedroom thermostat(so it will at least kick on), the front thermostat will begin reading a room temp of 40 to 55 degrees? Makes no sense....I'm wondering if I have a combination of the room temperature sensors needing to be pulled down through the filter in addition to crossed wiring between my front and rear units? Taking back to the dealer tomorrow to investigate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the exact same issue. What did they do to fix it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry you're experiencing this as well. After a couple hours of research I was able to figure out what I thought was going on and then went to the dealer to confirm. The issue is the room temp sensor on the Furrion units is in the AC unit itself, not in the thermostat. Crazy design. Here's what you need to do. Pull your foam filter down from each unit. Look around until you find a black wire that I believe is labeled room temp sensor. Once you find it poke a hole in your foam filter and install it back with the black wire hanging down through it about 2-3 inches. Once you do that you'll see that thermostats will read the proper room temp. For some reason they didn't pull these down from the wiring harnesses in the factory so the sensor is reading the temperature inside the unit. When the front is off for example but the rear is running the sensor would read crazy low on the front because it was sensing the mixed air coming through the duct work from the other unit. We're camping this week and have had zero issues since making this change. When you find the sensor just hold it between your fingers and watch the thermostat temp rise instantly from your body temp. If it does you know you have the right wire. I'll attach a pic of ours with the sensor hanging down. Not the best or the prettiest design but it works and keeps you from going insane.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AC Image.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	34097