User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! I already feel the difference! You are a lifesaver. I'm a bit nervous about moving forward but we will contact the closest GD service dept ASAP.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bedroom.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	36966 in Bedroom. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kitchen.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	36965 in Kitchen (should be rotated clockwise 90 degrees, but site insists...). Furrion AC temperature sensor installed in 3100RD. Channel purchased at Lowes.
    Last edited by Rabbit; 09-30-2021 at 05:06 PM.
    2019 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
    2022 Grand Design Imagine 3100RD
    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 yr. old RD3100 & last summer was ready to implode my unit with this Furrion a/c problem. Then I come across your explanation / picture and here it is 3 days later and both are working! Exception, wall thermostat is off by 2 degrees when it kicks in on front one and 3 degrees on back. So after seeing that I have adjusted wall setting and BINGO life is so calm, cool and Grand. Living in LHC I can live with my newfound owner's advice dnipp12 !

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing that might make your Furrion life easier. I’ve learned to use the dry setting to dehumidify the trailer on humid days or when unusual moisture has built up from cooking or showering. This helps avoid freeze ups.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should add that the furnace works normally now.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry I own a mechanical business in Houston. And I refuse to run wiremold across my ceiling.
    This short cycling of the compressor is going to shorten it's life considerably.
    Let me figure out a permanent fix for this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badman45 View Post
    I'm sorry I own a mechanical business in Houston. And I refuse to run wiremold across my ceiling.
    This short cycling of the compressor is going to shorten it's life considerably.
    The current relocation kit for the Furrion fixes the short cycling issue (it did for mine). The kit includes a new "thermostat" and control box that resides in the A/C intake plenum. That kit, along with installing the RV Airflow kit and sealing around the ceiling registers has made my A/C performance exceed my expectations.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badman45 View Post
    When I fixed my setup, the only fix then was to move the temperature sensor out of the AC to the wall. Furrion had not yet developed a new thermostat and companion controller. Now that would be the preferred fix. I’m happy with the way I did it, but those looking for a fix NOW should use the new thermostat approach.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is old, but I have the same problem with a 2023 Reflection (bedroom ac). The trick is it wants you to dump the air and leave the fan on high. Kinda strange, but that's how I solved the thermostat problem.
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel
    2023 Grand Design 315rlts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    The current relocation kit for the Furrion fixes the short cycling issue (it did for mine). The kit includes a new "thermostat" and control box that resides in the A/C intake plenum. That kit, along with installing the RV Airflow kit and sealing around the ceiling registers has made my A/C performance exceed my expectations.
    Hi Mike,

Subject to previous discussions I did get GD to send me a thermostat (thermocouple) relocation kit. Frankly it is a workable solution but it is kind of rinki dink. You mention that GD now has a fix with a replacement control board in the plenum area and new "thermostat" in other words the one in on the wall near the bedroom. If so was it an issue to remove the old re-wire and replace with the new one?
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12