User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Inverter Air Conditioner.

It looks like Lippert has a better idea for an air conditioner. I think it might be the 'next best thing' in the air conditioning world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRb_rc8564Y
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I'm intrigued! Thanks for sharing the link.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know what the cost of this new air conditioner might be?
    Ross & Sue | Papillion, Nebraska
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2020 F-350 XLT CCSB FX4 7.3L Gas
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like Truma got the attention of Lippert.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2023 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting video. There might be an upgrade in the future!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks pretty cool (pun intended). Here's a link to the Lippert page: https://corporate.lippert.com/produc...ion-chill-cube It looks like it would be a pretty easy install for a second AC unit, smaller than most ACs today.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I liked the reference to past problematic use of split-air systems in road pulled RVs and that this new unit is a variation of those(?).

Hopefully by the time we need to change out our Colemans this will have some mileage and use by others to prove out its longevity for comparison.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Not sure I liked the reference to past problematic use of split-air systems in road pulled RVs and that this new unit is a variation of those(?).

Hopefully by the time we need to change out our Colemans this will have some mileage and use by others to prove out its longevity for comparison.
    I don't think its a variation of mini splits. I got impression that they were comparing to those because they claim this one is quieter and more efficient like they supposed to be. I never looked into the mini splits much so I don't know much about them. This one still looks to be a self contained single unit
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    I don't think its a variation of mini splits. I got impression that they were comparing to those because they claim this one is quieter and more efficient like they supposed to be. I never looked into the mini splits much so I don't know much about them. This one still looks to be a self contained single unit
    Yes, it is an all in one unit as apposed to a normal mini split with seperate evap and condensor. Just refering to the reference the narrator made and how those systems didnt work well - why did he mentioned it reviewing a new AC unit??? Who knows...... Also, the way the blower door opens on the new AC unit does resembled mini split system operation. Not to mention the dump only option which is also in the same ballpark of a mini split. Again, who knows.... could end up being as good as sliced bread.

I installed a mini split on our lake house Jacuzzi room. Fairly easy to do if you have a few tools on hand, know how to wire the required power, and a little AC knowledge. Ours is pretty much similiar to a normal AC heat pump. It will heat and cool, and does a great job for a 300sqft room during 0 to 100 f degrees days.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like @trailrydr said, it looks to be dump only. That could be an issue getting the bedroom cool with a single AC. But this could be good enough to eliminate the need for ducting.

Note that the remote has the thermostat sensor, so if you take the remote in the bedroom, it will try to cool the bedroom to the set temperature.

Found a review that said 5A draw.

Also saw that if the shore power is limited, the unit can step down cooling to get the most cooling out of the available power, and it can be programmed to reduce power draw if another large user comes on in the trailer.

If they did it right, this should be very nice.
    Last edited by jkwilson; 03-12-2024 at 01:20 PM.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast