Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2670MK 2nd AC?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2670MK 2nd AC?

We are looking at purchasing a 2670MK which has an optional 2nd AC. I haven't
    seen any guidance on how to decide if the 2nd AC is or isn't needed.

Thanks
    Chuck

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I haven't used mine enough during really hot weather to give a solid recommendation. I will note that during two weeks in PA where temps were well into the 90's every day, with very high humidity - we were fine with the one AC. I did have the dealer install two fantastic fans - one replacing the vent in the kitchen/living area, and one in the bedroom. During warm (but not hot) days, the cross ventilation they provided was very adequate.
    Those from Texas or the southwest can chime in about how much they needed the second AC.
    Can you give us ideas as to where and when you may be generally camping?
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are in Southern Utah, around St George. We don't plan on using the trailer
    in the local area in summer where temps are well above 100 at night. As long
    as the AC handles lower 90's I think we will be fine.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To me, the real benefit of dual AC is being able to cool the unit with one AC while occupying another area of the rig. For example, I turn on the bedroom AC while occupying the living room. This really cuts down on noise in the area you are using.

Of course it's wonderful in very warm, humid climates.

Jim

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd highly recommend the 2nd AC. I live down the street from TucsonJim, so for us, it's a must, and our trailer is bigger, but from my experience, I'd take a 2nd AC anytime you can get it. 50 amp power is also highly recommended, with or without the 2nd AC.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckP42 View Post
    We are looking at purchasing a 2670MK which has an optional 2nd AC. I haven't seen any guidance on how to decide if the 2nd AC is or isn't needed.
    If I'm reading the option list correctly, 50A service and framing for the 2nd AC is a mandatory option for the 2670MK. Given that you have this option on your trailer, I think you can add the 2nd AC later should you decide you need/want it.

I live in NW Florida, so when I buy a trailer it will (must!) have the second AC.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chuck - Same experience here as sande005. Three years in our Reflection with one AC . . . but our seasonal travels seldom see temperatures above 90. The key to this is to get the trailer closed up and the AC on well before the interior begins to get too warm. If we travelled the southern US in the summer, I'm sure that we would be putting in the second AC! All depends on where and when you use the trailer.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that we've had a second A/C we wouldn't go back. Running both at the same time brings the temp down quickly if needed. As Jim said, running the bedroom A/C while using the living area and vice versa really cuts down the noise. Having the second A/C installed as a factory option may be less expensive than having a unit installed later.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Now that we've had a second A/C we wouldn't go back. Running both at the same time brings the temp down quickly if needed. As Jim said, running the bedroom A/C while using the living area and vice versa really cuts down the noise.
    Agree 100%.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Now that we've had a second A/C we wouldn't go back. Running both at the same time brings the temp down quickly if needed. As Jim said, running the bedroom A/C while using the living area and vice versa really cuts down the noise. Having the second A/C installed as a factory option may be less expensive than having a unit installed later.
    Having a 2670MK, I can see just from the noise having a second AC would be a big plus. That main unit in the living area can make it really hard to listen to the TV!
    BTW - the 2670 does come prewired/preframed and has a 50 amp cord standard. As long as you only run the main AC, you don't need to pay the premium for a 50 amp site - everything runs fine with 30 amps, but if you plan to run a second, then you will need the higher power site.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast