User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Furrion AC Thermostats Reading Erroneously

We just picked up our new 2910BH last Friday. Took it out for a couple days locally to shakedown. Found some small things but all easily fixed myself. The big issue is with the dual AC units. I've read there's been a lot of issues with the Furrion temp sensors but mainly with the heat function. Our issue is with the AC. The room temperature reading itself is obviously off but the main issue is if I run the front AC the rear thermostat in the bedroom reads between 40 and 55 degrees(Room Temp). If I turn everything off and let the thermostat temp come back above 60 on the bedroom thermostat(so it will at least kick on), the front thermostat will begin reading a room temp of 40 to 55 degrees? Makes no sense....I'm wondering if I have a combination of the room temperature sensors needing to be pulled down through the filter in addition to crossed wiring between my front and rear units? Taking back to the dealer tomorrow to investigate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the exact same issue. What did they do to fix it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry you're experiencing this as well. After a couple hours of research I was able to figure out what I thought was going on and then went to the dealer to confirm. The issue is the room temp sensor on the Furrion units is in the AC unit itself, not in the thermostat. Crazy design. Here's what you need to do. Pull your foam filter down from each unit. Look around until you find a black wire that I believe is labeled room temp sensor. Once you find it poke a hole in your foam filter and install it back with the black wire hanging down through it about 2-3 inches. Once you do that you'll see that thermostats will read the proper room temp. For some reason they didn't pull these down from the wiring harnesses in the factory so the sensor is reading the temperature inside the unit. When the front is off for example but the rear is running the sensor would read crazy low on the front because it was sensing the mixed air coming through the duct work from the other unit. We're camping this week and have had zero issues since making this change. When you find the sensor just hold it between your fingers and watch the thermostat temp rise instantly from your body temp. If it does you know you have the right wire. I'll attach a pic of ours with the sensor hanging down. Not the best or the prettiest design but it works and keeps you from going insane.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AC Image.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	34097

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was so glad I found this thread. The design of the AC unit is really hard to believe because what seems like a really big deal is not. We just got our camper (upgraded from pop-up) and had to put it to use right away because new flooring was being installed in our house so we had to move out. Sitting in a parking lot in the middle of Tempe when it is 110 outside put the Furrions to the test to keep it cool, and they were failing, much to our dismay. Much like at home, we turned on the AC and put it on Auto to about 78, but this was after we had cooled it down on high a bit. When we put it on Auto, the temperature that was supposed to be inside the trailer was coming back at like 55 degrees, which it was not, but we could watch the supposed indoor temp drop like a rock. Now was the temperature inside the ceiling box 55 degrees? Probably. I had found a post with picture like above in another thread and poked the room temp wire out the foam and wah lah, the AC kicked on in auto. Now the temperature is stable and I do not have to constantly listen to that noise. The only problem I still seem to have is that my temp wires are very short, especially the unit in the bedroom which still picks up cool from inside the ceiling box. Of course today it is raining here (what?) so it is cooler, but at least I have not found any leaks, which we suspected since one of the AC vents has an odd circle around it like it had leaked.
    Sonn & Micah
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2016 Nissan Titan XD w/Cummins Diesel
    "Actively planning for our escape!"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixed it today

Installed two kits to relocate the temp sensors in both our Furrion ACs to locations on the wall close to the thermostats. Both ACs now operate the way they should. Plus the furnace should now regulate the temperature without overheating. Grand Design’s CS sent the kits and assured me GD would stand behind the AC warranty even though Furrion CS said they’d void my warranty if I installed the kits. The biggest challenge installing the kits was running the wires in a way that they look acceptable. Also found you must be careful not to disengage the freeze sensor, which is not firmly secured in place.
    2019 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
    2022 Grand Design Imagine 3100RD
    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crazy design for sure, but even crazier that Furrion insists that’s how they intended it to be. Used your fix for a while, but you may find the units tend to short cycle.
    2019 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
    2022 Grand Design Imagine 3100RD
    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a crazy (totally inefficient) design. Shame on Furrion. My fix did work for a while and now it does the short cycle like you mentioned Rabbit. I even tried to "block" the sensor hanging down by placing a piece of light cardboard between the plastic "grate" of the AC intake and the tip of the sensor. How can this set up can ever work when there is a giant vent to let out a vast amount of air right next to that compartment? We love the new trailer but disappointed that we have to address this now since we live in a place that is like the surface of the sun some days.
    Sonn & Micah
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2016 Nissan Titan XD w/Cummins Diesel
    "Actively planning for our escape!"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just returned from a week of 90+ weather with high humidity. First trip after relocating the temperature sensors near the thermostats. System worked normally - finally! Did find out that when humidity is very high, AC might freeze if temperature is set in the 60s and fan isn’t on high (not automatic).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you relocate to? GD has sent us 2 kits but directions are unclear as to where to relocate. Not sure I want exposed wires showing on the wall of my new Transcend.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are no recommended locations. Key is to put the temperature sensor on a wall as close to the thermostat as possible. Mine involved using plastic conduit from Lowe’s to run wire across ceiling to a cabinet then inside the cabinet run wires close to where I wanted the sensor. I have a 2022 3100RD. The main AC sensors is now on the side of the cabinet that’s over the sink, on the side facing the entry door, about two feet to the left of the thermostat. The bedroom sensor is just above the thermostat in that room. You need to do what you can in your circumstance to minimize the exposed surface runs. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast