User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

390RK Solitude: Routing DC to DC cables

I apologize if I am submitting this endeavor in the wrong thread but it is specific to my 2021 Solitude 390RK. I am installing a DC to DC charger at my lithium battery bank in the front compartment and trying to avoid running or attaching any cables from the king pin box to the front compartment on the outside of my rig. If anyone browsing has found a way to route cables thru the king pin box to the inside of the front compartment without drilling or cutting holes please let me know. The pickup side is done so my question is specific to the RV. Please share photos or advice on how you accomplished the task.

Thank you
    2021 Grand Design Solitude 390RK

Mike Allaman
    Lakin, KS. 67860

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mallaman View Post
    I apologize if I am submitting this endeavor in the wrong thread but it is specific to my 2021 Solitude 390RK. I am installing a DC to DC charger at my lithium battery bank in the front compartment and trying to avoid running or attaching any cables from the king pin box to the front compartment on the outside of my rig. If anyone browsing has found a way to route cables thru the king pin box to the inside of the front compartment without drilling or cutting holes please let me know. The pickup side is done so my question is specific to the RV. Please share photos or advice on how you accomplished the task.

Thank you
    Actually, it is very easy to run wires from the king pin into the front compartment. Just remove the few (4, 6?) screws on the bottom of the overhang. Let the fiberglass droop (not drop) down. Use a fish tape or other semi ridge rod and push it from just behind the king pin into the front compartment. Use wire loom or other means of chafe protection around the wires. Reinstall the screws removed earlier. Took me 5 min on our Solitude 310GK.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris,

Thank you for the great advice, I was sick thinking about drilling or cutting the exterior of our RV. You are very much appreciated.

Thank you,
    2021 Grand Design Solitude 390RK

Mike Allaman
    Lakin, KS. 67860

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mallaman View Post
    Chris,

Thank you for the great advice, I was sick thinking about drilling or cutting the exterior of our RV. You are very much appreciated.

Thank you,
    You are welcome. And welcome to the forums. Lots of good people and knowledge here. I have learned a lot of very useful information here.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023