User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Progressive Industries

Installing the 50A EMS and the instructions indicate to orient the sensors with the side marked "A" in a certain direction. Neither side is marked.
    There is a clean sie and the other sie shows where a plastic side plate was glue in place.
    Anyone familiar with this?
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    Installing the 50A EMS and the instructions indicate to orient the sensors with the side marked "A" in a certain direction. Neither side is marked.
    There is a clean sie and the other sie shows where a plastic side plate was glue in place.
    Looking at photo of how I installed it, looks like I put CT's glued side toward the contactor.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1303.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	33723
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    I had a question when I installed my Progressive unit. I called Progressive and they were most helpful and walked me through the entire install process. Call the technical support department, see if they can't help you.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the Progressive EMS-HW50C, I am posting the following simply for future reference:

I just installed the EMS-HW50C, and had a few questions. I called tech support and left a voice mail message on a weekday. I got a call back in less than 15 minutes. I called and left a message twice on a weekend and never received a return call. It seems if you need tech support, it may only be available 8-5, Monday thru Friday.

1 - The install directions state that you are to install the "arrow" on the sensor towards the contactor. The tech told me they had switched suppliers some time ago, and there was no longer an "arrow". You face the side that looks like an inserted cap, and has some glue or RTV around the edges, towards the contactor.

2 - I told the tech I was using the EMS-Remote Digital Switch & Display and needed cables longer than the 14 foot they supply. Although the manual states do not use a phone cable, the tech said that a phone cable can be used PROVIDED the cable is a straight run. Some phone cables are not a straight run and will damage your system.

3 - I also asked the tech if a 35 foot data cable would work. He said they had tested data cables only up to 25 feet. Anything longer than that is unknown.

4 - The manual states that you are not to plug in the data cables if power is on. I was told you may plug and unplug a display using the EMS-Remote Digital Switch & Display if power to that display is off. Otherwise, follow the manual as the data cable is powered by 9 volts dc current.
    Last edited by JonSr.; 05-11-2021 at 02:32 PM.
    Jon & Melanie
    Dover, DE
    2019 Solitude 372WB-R
    2023 GMC 3500