User Tag List

Thread: Gray tank cable

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gray tank cable

I changed the valve and cable on my back(kitchen) gray tank today, the cable had got impossible to move. As a small improvement, I made a new bracket to put the new handle ridge at the edge of the skirt instead of waaay back under the camper like the old one. I may have to see if there is enough slack in the other 2 cables to put them at the edge of the skirt.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    I changed the valve and cable on my back(kitchen) gray tank today, the cable had got impossible to move. As a small improvement, I made a new bracket to put the new handle ridge at the edge of the skirt instead of waaay back under the camper like the old one. I may have to see if there is enough slack in the other 2 cables to put them at the edge of the skirt.
    It appears that quite a few people have had the same issues with the OEM Cables. Your unit isn't that old. I assume you replaced the whole valve or did you just replace the cable. Also, if you replaced the whole valve & cable did you stick with OEM or changed to Valterra.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrovsky View Post
    It appears that quite a few people have had the same issues with the OEM Cables. Your unit isn't that old. I assume you replaced the whole valve or did you just replace the cable. Also, if you replaced the whole valve & cable did you stick with OEM or changed to Valterra.
    I went with the Valterra valve assembly and the 4 mounting holes didn’t exactly line up with the OEM flange mounting holes. I enlarged the Valterra holes a little bit and got the 4 bolts in. No leaks.
    It is kind of a pain getting everything lined up and started. I pinched one of the O rings on the first try, got it together correctly the second time.