User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just my luck

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just my luck

Well I've been at Fort Wilderness since last Thursday with my daughter and grandson and had a great time in all the parks. Trip down from San Antonio was ugly, rained ALL the way. Getting ready to head home tomorrow and this ridiculous fuel shortage hits! No problem getting diesel in the Orlando area but looks like the Florida panhandle is almost dry. I can just make it to Pensacola on a tank but not sure what I'll do when there. Gas Buddy says 75% of the stations there are dry. I guess I may have to just extend my vacation...oh darn lol.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Well I've been at Fort Wilderness since last Thursday with my daughter and grandson and had a great time in all the parks. Trip down from San Antonio was ugly, rained ALL the way. Getting ready to head home tomorrow and this ridiculous fuel shortage hits! No problem getting diesel in the Orlando area but looks like the Florida panhandle is almost dry. I can just make it to Pensacola on a tank but not sure what I'll do when there. Gas Buddy says 75% of the stations there are dry. I guess I may have to just extend my vacation...oh darn lol.
    That's a tough situation. I would definitely extend, as this should resolve, or vastly improve within the next few days; I would hope.
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought they had diesel just not unleaded.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    A lot of the stations seem to be out of both.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the people hoarding in fear of running out of gas are probably picking up EVERYTHING.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Do you have a TSD or other fleet card? I’m seeing that most truck stops have diesel although some are limiting purchases to 75 gal. Flying J/Pilot put out an email ~24 h ago listing stations without diesel. Not as many as I expected but that may have changed since the last update. I understand gas in Richmond VA is $6.99/gal - if you can find it. Good luck if you do travel.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    All of the people hoarding in fear of running out of gas are probably picking up EVERYTHING.
    People in the northeast are bringing gas cans to fill up. Next we'll be short of toilet paper, chicken, you name it.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    The pipeline carries gasoline, diesel and jet fuel for airports on the eastern seaboard.

Stands to reason why gas and diesel supply is limited.

Unfortunately, there's a difference between hoarding and common sense approaches. People, since the beginning of time are survivalists.

If there's a coming shortage of something important, societal needs are irrelevant to most. These are the knuckleheads filling trash bags and a dozen gas cans to ensure they have theirs.

Topping your tank off and limiting your driving is common sense.

Just wait until a major power grid is affected by digital terrorists!

Then you can't pump gas, fill generators, etc. Major chaos.

How about an attack on our financial institutions, imagine your 401k no longer exists, or access to your bank account.

Time to build a cabin in the woods!!! Lol.

Seriously though, nothing lasts forever 😎

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfs673 View Post
    The pipeline carries gasoline, diesel and jet fuel for airports on the eastern seaboard.

Stands to reason why gas and diesel supply is limited.

Time to build a cabin in the woods!!! Lol.
    Good points. Knuckleheads is a good word. Unfortunately, there is no supply issue, nor was there going to be unless the pipeline was down for weeks. There is plenty of fuel on the east coast for normal consumption rates. They didn’t even predict an increase in prices until people started increasing demand. We simply overwhelmed our supply [I]chain[I] by suddenly buying 800% more gas than normal - they can’t get it to the gas stations fast enough. Same thing happens when there is a threat of sometime like a hurricane, although then it’s at least somewhat justified. This is just blind panic.

So far as getting gas or diesel in Pensacola - don’t bet on it for a few days. There are some great people there. But there are also enough of the type that will fill up 80gal drums - with a higher percentage than most places diesel powered.

So, if you can, take a few extra days off and enjoy it! The pipeline is fixed, the panic should ease in a few days.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would definitely carry a couple of 6 gallon fuel jugs in the back of the truck.

But the best solution is to stay in Florida a few extra days.

The reason Orlando and Tampa have fuel is because we don't get our fuel from that pipeline. Our fuel comes into Tampa on barges and is distributed from there.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast