User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be great, except if your camping someplace without electrical hook up and don't have a generator.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    That would be great, except if your camping someplace without electrical hook up and don't have a generator.
    Personally, I prefer a "real" oven. Well, except for the "get down on my knees to light the pilot light" part.

I don't know how to use a convection oven, and I've only tried using the one forced on us in our fifth wheel twice. Both times were dismal failures.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our oven isn't very big, but it's bigger than that! To be honest, we may have used a camper oven twice. That over the course of owning 2 TT's and this current 5er. I think both times were in this rig. And it's a pain in the butt to light the pilot light .
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appears to be a combo oven, a broiler on the bottom, and an oven on top. I wouldn't care for it, broiling is messy and smoke producing, and the oven baking part is too small. I assume it could be replaced with a "conventional" type oven.
    2021 GD 260RD
    2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AP Cassity View Post
    when I ordered my BH2800, I didn't think I would be impressed with the oven...but I never dreamed I would get this
    Attachment 33727
    Attachment 33728
    Attachment 33729

So I will repeat my question, has there been a recall? This is not a usable oven. It has to be a mistake.
    The heat box for the flame is taller than the part you would bake in...the rack is in the lowest position and is only
    3.75" from the top of the oven.

Andy
    We have a Furrion in our RV too. It has a heat box that is 3 inches high then 2 inches of wasted space for the heat deflector tray and the rack - then it has 7-1/2 inches of free space. We have three sets of lump rails (not grooves) to choose from to slide the rack in. You appear to have two but they are pretty high up ! The total height of the inside of my oven is 12-1/2 inches. What is yours ? It looks like your heat box is a lot more than 3 inches. We bake breaks, cakes, casseroles etc. We use it every few days. Can you slide out your rack out and lower it down so the feet are on the heat deflection tray ? That may save you an inch or so.
    Hobo Bill
    From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Traveling Full Time Across the US
    2019 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Goodrich T/A KO2 All Terrain Tires
    Reese RP30081 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something is wrong. We have the same oven and the dimensions are reversed. I would check another unit and then take your back to the dealer if it is mis-assembled.

Jay - Texas
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2021 Tundra 5.7L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwalthall View Post
    Something is wrong. We have the same oven and the dimensions are reversed. I would check another unit and then take your back to the dealer if it is mis-assembled.

Jay - Texas
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2021 Tundra 5.7L
    Same way mine is, no defect in assembly. Pizza dish is good to create evenness in heat, a thermometer to tell exactly the temp your at and make small food in height. We use a pryex pan to fit its size

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our is the same way. Works fine for pizza, and the couple times I've made shephards pie I've used a very short baking dish. My bigger peeve is that 100% of the temperature adjustment is concentrated in about 15% of the dial's available rotation, making setting a consistent temperature almost impossible. It's basically 'on' or 'off'. I've found the best way to get a decent pizza is to put foil underneath for most of the cook time, and then take it out for the last few minutes.
    Chris, Tara, our two daughters, and our dog Slate full-timing
    2021 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 Chevrolet Tahoe

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Atwood propane oven in my Reflection all the time. Always with a pizza stone on the shelf just above the flame. Bundt cakes, sourdough bread and no-knead bread in both a bread pan and cast iron dutch oven, cast iron skillet pizza... Used the Furion convection oven twice for a bundt cake. Burned it both times. Microwave fine, convection not so.
    Jerry and Jack (Standard Schnauzer)

Currently in Benson, AZ

2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Gosh, in our over 40 years owning a number of campers/RVs, we never used the oven. Most like us just thought it was a fancy looking over priced bread and bun storage cabinet - lol !

It would be interesting to get feedback from these various RV oven manufacturers on what they actually design these little boxes to bake/cook. Maybe just a thin crust pizza or thin cookies......or maybe nothing.......it just looks cool (kinda) !

Dan
    Same. Over 40 years and never used the oven.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast