Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch coupler height 2600RB

Our new tt should be arriving in the next few weeks and I need some information so I can purchase the correct wd hitch, ball and shank. Is there a pdf available that shows details like height of the hitch coupler, frame rail width and coupler size (2 5/16)?

It would also be nice to know where the fresh water tank is located so I can determine if that will increase the tongue weight when its full.

John
    Last edited by 59 Apache; 04-28-2021 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 59 Apache View Post
    Our new tt should be arriving in the next few weeks and I need some information so I can purchase the correct wd hitch, ball and shank. Is there a pdf available that shows details like height of the hitch coupler, frame rail width and coupler size (2 5/16)?

It would also be nice to know where the fresh water tank is located so I can determine if that will increase the tongue weight when its full.

John
    Fresh water tank on 2600RB is located just forward of the axle on the passenger side. It has very little effect on tongue weight. Coupler is 2 5/16 in. We have a Blue Ox Sway Pro with 1k bars. It works great and is easy to set up. Sorry, the RV is not here so can’t help you with height of the hitch coupler.

2020 2600RB,
    2017 Silverado Crew Cab 1500, 6.2L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Chewwi, I just went ahead and called the Grand Design corporate office and spoke to an associate. He verified the 2 5/16" ball size, said the frame is 5" wide and coupler height to center of ball socket is 22 1/2". I felt that I shouldn't wait as I wanted to get my hitch ordered so it's here and ready to go before my camper arrives.

Thanks

John

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Chewwi, I just went ahead and called the Grand Design corporate office and spoke to an associate. He verified the 2 5/16" ball size, said the frame is 5" wide and coupler height to center of ball socket is 22 1/2". I felt that I shouldn't wait as I wanted to get my hitch ordered so it's here and ready to go before my camper arrives.

Thanks

John
    What is your tow vehicle?

2020 2600RB,
    2017 Silverado Crew Cab 1500, 6.2L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2011 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 with the 5.3 V8. The truck is rated to pull up to 9,600 lbs, so I should be okay. Pulled a slightly smaller (2' shorter and 900 lbs lighter) tt last year through the Colorado Rocky's without any problems. Was trying to downsize, but couldn't find a smaller trailer that had the same or larger tank sizes with both a couch and dinette.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John
    I sure hope that you will get a good weight distribution hitch. The shanks on them are adjustable. There are many good ones on the market.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

John
    Weight distribution hitches are adjustable so the height gets adjusted according to the height of the coupler which will change once you load it up. I had to drop my hitch ball down one spot on my Blue Ox SwayPro after I picked up the TT new and it was loaded up for our first camping trip. I wouldn't ever tow our 2600RB without a weight distribution hitch.
    Long Island, New York

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weight distribution hitches are adjustable so the height gets adjusted according to the height of the coupler which will change once you load it up. I had to drop my hitch ball down one spot on my Blue Ox SwayPro after I picked up the TT new and it was loaded up for our first camping trip. I wouldn't ever tow our 2600RB without a weight distribution hitch.
    I totally agree, hitch should be here this week and our new TT is scheduled to arrive next week.

John