Thread: Headboard Mod

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Headboard Mod

Hi All

Well my wife and I finally took possession of or 2021 2970RL last Saturday and to say were excited would be an understatement. So far all is good and after testing out all the systems we haven't found any major issues.

My wife would like to start off the mods by adding a padded headboard overtop of the existing cloth covered board at the head of the bed. I removed one of the reading lights and found that the cloth is basically attached to a piece of 1/4 plywood. I wasn't able to locate any type of studs behind the existing headboard. I'm hesitant to start driving screws into the 1/4 plywood without knowing if there is anything behind the board which if hit by a screw would cause a problem. I guess my questions are twofold

1. Has anybody removed the existing headboard and if so how?
    2. Does anyone have any idea what is behind the existing headboard and how long a screw I could use.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea how it is mounted. But I would guess it is with brads and some glue or mastic type of adhesive. You may have to just try prying it off.

Short of that then I would use a screw that is 1/4" longer than whatever you are mounting so it doesn't go through the 1/4" board you found.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods