User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding new battery bank

Just purchased a new reflection 337rls. I want to add my current 4-6v agm batts from my last fifth wheel to new trailer. My question is what have other owners done with the factory battery box. My thought was to add 1/4" masonite spacer the size of my larger batt box cut to fit around the factory battery box bottom and place the larger box over it. Or would it be wiser to place the larger box beside the factory box?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I removed my factory battery box and pop riveted a piece of sheet metal over the hole. I then cut a piece of 3/4" plywood to cover the entire floor and bolted that in place, so I would have a place to mount tie downs and brackets.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 RAM Laramie 3500 DRW
    Retired Navy

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    Just purchased a new reflection 337rls. I want to add my current 4-6v agm batts from my last fifth wheel to new trailer. My question is what have other owners done with the factory battery box. My thought was to add 1/4" masonite spacer the size of my larger batt box cut to fit around the factory battery box bottom and place the larger box over it. Or would it be wiser to place the larger box beside the factory box?
    Here is a photo of what I put my 4 AGMs in....

I got the "box" at either Lowes or Home Depot and it has a lid too. I since removed the box to gain a bit of room and have just strapped down the batteries in the same location.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Here is a photo of what I put my 4 AGMs in....

I got the "box" at either Lowes or Home Depot and it has a lid too. I since removed the box to gain a bit of room and have just strapped down the batteries in the same location.
    Thanks for the photo. I am thinking of doing something similar with a inverter/charger, at a later date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping to leave the factory box because it is sealed in already. If I use a spacer the same height as the factory box my battery box would only overhang the factory box by 3 or 4 inches. I will check out your idea to see what will best for me. Thanks