User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Glogowsky View Post
    Thanks for the info. I figured the two light strips wires came together before the control panel. That makes it nice. Unfortunately I noticed I don’t have any empty slots to add a second dimmer switch unless I make my own.

Lance
    That should be no problem with the dimmer from Amazon, it comes with a threaded shaft and lock retaining nut which should be an easy install. We separated ours and now we can leave the back one on and keep bugs away from the entry door.
    Glad to be of help.
    Rick
    Rick & Linda
    2018 Silverado 3500 High Country
    SRW Duramax/Allison 4WD
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to tap into awning light wire?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick & Linda View Post
    That should be no problem with the dimmer from Amazon, it comes with a threaded shaft and lock retaining nut which should be an easy install. We separated ours and now we can leave the back one on and keep bugs away from the entry door.
    Glad to be of help.
    Rick
    Yes if you feel the panel with your finger, there are extra holes already in place, just covered with the GD logo. You can choose one of those locations and add the second switch in there.

Good Luck
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With your mod, does your OneControl still work (phone app)?
    If so, this was wires behind the pass through on the camping side, correct?

DonW.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Yes if you feel the panel with your finger, there are extra holes already in place, just covered with the GD logo. You can choose one of those locations and add the second switch in there.

Good Luck
    I just took the panel off and was able to feel the other holes. I had ordered one dimmer switch the other day and just ordered the second one tonight. Thanks. I assume the dimmer switches turn off as well as dimming or am I gonna need the regular switch to turn the lights on and off and then use the dimmer switches to dim the lights?

Thanks again.

Lance

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just took the panel off and was able to feel the other holes. I had ordered one dimmer switch the other day and just ordered the second one tonight. Thanks. I assume the dimmer switches turn off as well as dimming or am I gonna need the regular switch to turn the lights on and off and then use the dimmer switches to dim the lights?

Thanks again.

Lance
    Dimmer switches turn off with a distinctive click. You should be good. Let us s know how it works out.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dimmer switches turn off with a distinctive click. You should be good. Let us s know how it works out.
    I received my first dimmer switch. I was able to connect it using both light strings attached to it. Can’t wait till my second dimmer switch comes in so I can separate them. I was thinking using a washer on the back side of the panel on the switch so it tightens tightly on the panel or the switch fits so perfectly in the panel hole and might just leave it that way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received my first dimmer switch. I was able to connect it using both light strings attached to it. Can’t wait till my second dimmer switch comes in so I can separate them. I was thinking using a washer on the back side of the panel on the switch so it tightens tightly on the panel or the switch fits so perfectly in the panel hole and might just leave it that way.
    Received the second dimmer switch and connected both to my panel, wiring went pretty smoothly. both work great. Thank you for all the information. Really happy with it.

Lance

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way to get the lights on the one control to dim is to connect the dimmer to the wires after the one control. You have to open up the pass through area and climb into the nest of wires. It’s not hard if you know what you are looking at. If you are not skilled at it I wouldn’t touch it. I don’t want anyone to ruin the one control. You have to work with no power and take your time. If you are up for it you can see the wires come off of it. Dimmers require you to isolate the pos and neg wires. The wireless ones on Amazon have worked flawlessly for me. I can dim everything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12