Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using the Combi setting on the Furrion Convection/Microwave

I searched here, other forums, youtube and google and came up empty. Does anyone know how this setting works? We have been only using the microwave in the traditional way so far by taking the racks out and just having the glass plate in it. I know if using only the convection setting, you can use what you use in a conventional oven and you want a rack in it so air will circulate but we don't understand the Combi setting. Do we only use glass or ceramic bakeware or can we use metal? Do you have to remove the wire racks before using this setting or are the racks made of something that isn't going to cause sparks? If you have to remove the racks, how do you make a casserole in a rectangular dish while it's turning or do you have to use a square dish so it will turn? Why doesn't it spark all the time with the metal walls?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not one member here has an answer for me?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    I searched here, other forums, youtube and google and came up empty. Does anyone know how this setting works? We have been only using the microwave in the traditional way so far by taking the racks out and just having the glass plate in it. I know if using only the convection setting, you can use what you use in a conventional oven and you want a rack in it so air will circulate but we don't understand the Combi setting. Do we only use glass or ceramic bakeware or can we use metal? Do you have to remove the wire racks before using this setting or are the racks made of something that isn't going to cause sparks? If you have to remove the racks, how do you make a casserole in a rectangular dish while it's turning or do you have to use a square dish so it will turn? Why doesn't it spark all the time with the metal walls?
    I asked my wife since she is the one who mostly operates it. All the instructions say is don't use metal cook ware when using the Combi setting but it does say to use the metal rack that comes with the oven to provide air flow or the trivet. I said, what's the difference, metal rack or metal cook ware, metal is metal. Her answer was, I don't use the Combi setting, DOAH!

Doesn't make much sense does it? I've only used the convection to heat up pizza rolls!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From page 19 of the manual:

Combination Cooking

Glass or Glass-Ceramic baking containers are recommended. Be sure not to use items with
    metal trim as it may cause arcing (sparking) with oven wall or oven shelf, damaging the
    cookware, the shelf or the oven.

Heat-Resistant Plastic microwave cookware (safe to 450 °F) may be used, but it is
    recommended for foods requiring crusting or all-around browning, because the plastic is a
    poor conductor of heat.

The section on combination cooking says to use the shelf.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Steven and Second Chance. My wife (and me too) are very appreciative!