User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Progressive 50A EMS

Spent most of the afternoon installing it in my 268BH. I've been in the marine industry too long. I'm spoiled to the stranded, flexible marine cable. I had forgotten how hard household 6/3 is to work with.
    I'm interested in where some of you guys mounted th remote displayThe easiestplace that comes to mind is the wall above the converter. I just don't knw if I can snake the cable up to it. I'm going to use the template from rv-project to have a plate made. It should look nice.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could have gotten stranded 6/3 rather than that household 6/3. I know what you mean about it not being flexible. Of course the nice stranded wire is harder to come by, but it's out there.

I'm not sure about eh 268BH wiring. It was a challenge but 2 of us worked on getting my remote from the basement up the wall to my control panel.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    Spent most of the afternoon installing it in my 268BH. I've been in the marine industry too long. I'm spoiled to the stranded, flexible marine cable. I had forgotten how hard household 6/3 is to work with.
    I'm interested in where some of you guys mounted th remote displayThe easiestplace that comes to mind is the wall above the converter. I just don't knw if I can snake the cable up to it. I'm going to use the template from rv-project to have a plate made. It should look nice.
    I finally decided to take boyscout's advice and put the remote panel for our Surge Guard in a basement wall. Figured I will most likely be outside hooking up when I want to see it anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210307_220507869.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	33890

Brian
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is going on the bulkhead above the power distribution box. I ordered a flush mounting panel from Front Panel Express.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put mine in the basement near the shore power plug so that I can see the readout when I plug in
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the tech that installed it put the LED read out on the wall of the closet in the bedroom. The 50amp intake plug for the trailer is below the closet and that is where the EMS is located. That way you can see it from inside the trailer but the light from the readout does not drive you nuts.