User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, mine is between 3,800 and 3,200 depending on which toy or no toy. Is yours the triple or double axle? I'm guessing double?

Edit: should have looked at your picture closer... double.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Yes, mine is between 3,800 and 3,200 depending on which toy or no toy. Is yours the triple or double axle? I'm guessing double?

Edit: should have looked at your picture closer... double.
    Yep. That is why I was attracted to it, plus the interior layout was perfect fo our hobbies and living. But, that higher pin weight may be part of the difference problem. I also have a built in generator. My pin weight barely changes whether the Goldwing is on board or not. I think it only made a 60lb difference as I recall.
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another update (or not).....so took it to La Mesa RV in Tucson where I had an appointment to have the body damage repaired. I discussed the frame issue with them and they will not touch it. Their service guy indicated that they have had bad luck repairing frames as there is no really good aluminum welder here in town and his last 2 frame repairs had returned within 6 months with continuing problems. Sounded like a typical Stealer, uh Dealer response to me. I asked what they'd do if a rig they sold came back in under warranty, and he said they'd have to send it to Lippert to fix. He also said that he wonders if the problem is actually with the pin box assembly based on what he is seeing, and not actually the frame.

So anyway, I guess I am back to square one which means contacting GD or Lippert. I had a sense of urgency about this since I do have an extended warranty in effect until early July, but there is no way either GD or Lippert could get me in by then, and I'm sure with the backlog on parts I won't be getting the rig back anytime soon. I'm sure it's fixable, but finding someone to do it is becoming the issue. A good welder can fix it, but not sure they'd understand where to look or how to take it apart to diagnose and repair the problem. Seems like it is going to have to be a good RV shop, but they are all so backed up it'll be months to get this fixed.

Our plan all along had been to use it as a summer house once we found a place up north we were in love with and were ready to stop traveling, so my other option is to focus on finding a place and transporting it there unrepaired. We'd then have to buy a smaller towable since we still planned to RV a few more years. I guess I didn't really see a major issue like this coming up..... but stuff happens. Any other thoughts or suggestions, or does someone know of a great place to try in the Southern US?
    Alan and Kathleen

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought all the Lippert parts of the frame were steal. No? I know the GD framing is aluminum but??
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    Another update (or not).....so took it to La Mesa RV in Tucson where I had an appointment to have the body damage repaired. I discussed the frame issue with them and they will not touch it. Their service guy indicated that they have had bad luck repairing frames as there is no really good aluminum welder here in town and his last 2 frame repairs had returned within 6 months with continuing problems. Sounded like a typical Stealer, uh Dealer response to me. I asked what they'd do if a rig they sold came back in under warranty, and he said they'd have to send it to Lippert to fix. He also said that he wonders if the problem is actually with the pin box assembly based on what he is seeing, and not actually the frame.

So anyway, I guess I am back to square one which means contacting GD or Lippert. I had a sense of urgency about this since I do have an extended warranty in effect until early July, but there is no way either GD or Lippert could get me in by then, and I'm sure with the backlog on parts I won't be getting the rig back anytime soon. I'm sure it's fixable, but finding someone to do it is becoming the issue. A good welder can fix it, but not sure they'd understand where to look or how to take it apart to diagnose and repair the problem. Seems like it is going to have to be a good RV shop, but they are all so backed up it'll be months to get this fixed.

Our plan all along had been to use it as a summer house once we found a place up north we were in love with and were ready to stop traveling, so my other option is to focus on finding a place and transporting it there unrepaired. We'd then have to buy a smaller towable since we still planned to RV a few more years. I guess I didn't really see a major issue like this coming up..... but stuff happens. Any other thoughts or suggestions, or does someone know of a great place to try in the Southern US?
    Sounds like they think you have busted wels in the wall framing too (Lippert frame is steel but GD walls are aluminum). I have ZERO personal knowledge or experience, but we met someone camping who had a major frame repair done by them - AZ RV Expert in Yuma. Worth a call.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alan - I went back through the thread looking for the feedback you received from contacting GDRV and Lippert. You referenced that you were going to contact them but if you shared their feedback I missed seeing that.

As a long time GDRV owner and supporter, I would think that GDRV would want to do all they can to help especially considering the apparent severity of the issue(s.)

Maybe you need to talk directly with Jerry McCarthy or the top folks at the Customer Service Center. Maybe one of the roving GDRV Service Truck teams can stop and evaluate and help with direction.....maybe even towing it back to the factory for repair as a priority case.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you run out of options while you are in AZ try Premier Coach Works in El Mirage. They replaced my entire 28BH back wall after I was rear ended. They were repairing every type of RV and custom bus imaginable when I dropped it off. GD had to make a new back wall and ship it out. It looked like new when I picked it up 14 weeks later.

https://www.premiercoachworks.com/se.../rv-body-shop/
    Last edited by Kevin2282; 06-18-2021 at 03:09 PM.
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Sounds like they think you have busted wels in the wall framing too (Lippert frame is steel but GD walls are aluminum). I have ZERO personal knowledge or experience, but we met someone camping who had a major frame repair done by them - AZ RV Expert in Yuma. Worth a call.
    Thanks, Rob. I will call them Monday. I think that is what they suspect and the reason may be that when notched the bedroom slide is also cocked. When jacks are down, it squares up and operates correctly. But, if that’s the case it seems the sidewall would have to come off to get to it.
    Alan and Kathleen

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin2282 View Post
    If you run out of options while you are in AZ try Premier Coach Works in El Mirage. They replaced my entire 28BH back wall after I was rear ended. They were repairing every type of RV and custom bus imaginable when I dropped it off. GD had to make a new back wall and ship it out. It looked like new when I picked it up 14 weeks later.

https://www.premiercoachworks.com/se.../rv-body-shop/
    Thanks, Kevin!
    Alan and Kathleen

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Alan - I went back through the thread looking for the feedback you received from contacting GDRV and Lippert. You referenced that you were going to contact them but if you shared their feedback I missed seeing that.

As a long time GDRV owner and supporter, I would think that GDRV would want to do all they can to help especially considering the apparent severity of the issue(s.)

Maybe you need to talk directly with Jerry McCarthy or the top folks at the Customer Service Center. Maybe one of the roving GDRV Service Truck teams can stop and evaluate and help with direction.....maybe even towing it back to the factory for repair as a priority case.

Dan
    Dan….GD referred me to Lippert, who referred me to a dealer in Colorado ( which is where we were at the time). I went to them, and they were willing to look at it, but it was going to be 3-4 weeks at the time, then no idea how long to repair which is why w3 opted to try Tucson where we at least have a place. Here Lazy Days sells GD products, but they wouldn’t do anything but schedule me in at their earliest appt - August 1. That’s why I opted for the 2nd choice RV dealer.
    Alan and Kathleen

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast