User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add trailer hitch

Good evening
    Has anyone ever added a trailer hitch to the back of there 376th?
    To old to work, to young to retire
    2019 Momentum 376th
    2018 F350 Lariat 6.7 diesel
    2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think my question would be why would you want to? You've already got a toy hauler. And she's a monster at 43 feet. Can't you put everything inside? Plus, in about half the states you can't tow two non-commercial trailers. Even if just for a bike rack, you should be able to get your bikes inside. They make hitches for it but I wouldn't do it.
    2023 Reflection 150, Model 280RS
    Tow Vehicle - 2022 Ram 2500

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ocbizman1 View Post
    I think my question would be why would you want to? You've already got a toy hauler. And she's a monster at 43 feet. Can't you put everything inside? Plus, in about half the states you can't tow two non-commercial trailers. Even if just for a bike rack, you should be able to get your bikes inside. They make hitches for it but I wouldn't do it.
    The reason I want a trailer hitch is so I can put a rack on it so I can put my Blackstone Tailgater on it. It will not fit in the garage when the bike is parked in there. nor will it fit in the bed of the truck when the camper is hitched. Thanks for your input.
    2019 Momentum 376th

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodak86 View Post
    The reason I want a trailer hitch is so I can put a rack on it so I can put my Blackstone Tailgater on it. It will not fit in the garage when the bike is parked in there. nor will it fit in the bed of the truck when the camper is hitched. Thanks for your input.
    When I bought a Bike rack, it came with a Bolt On Hitch Receiver. Heavy top plate, hitch receiver, and four bolt assemblies to attach to a square bumper. So for what you want to do, I would not think you would have any issues.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    When I bought a Bike rack, it came with a Bolt On Hitch Receiver. Heavy top plate, hitch receiver, and four bolt assemblies to attach to a square bumper. So for what you want to do, I would not think you would have any issues.
    Thanks Bob
    I do not have that square bumper. I think I am sol. I was thinking of installing it to the frame, but the rear of the camper is pretty low. I got to do some more homework.
    2019 Momentum 376th

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodak86 View Post
    Thanks Bob
    I do not have that square bumper. I think I am sol. I was thinking of installing it to the frame, but the rear of the camper is pretty low. I got to do some more homework.
    Couple last suggestions, I hope you don't mind. Being a Toy Hauler, could you install some hooks to the Rear Door and hang your grill off from it? Sort of like the Hooks you can buy to hang your ironing board on the back of you bathroom door. just more Stout?
    OR
    A reinforcement plate on the inside of your rear door and attach the hanging device on the outside to the reinforcement plate?

Good luck and let me know what you come up with! (I am just into those type of DYI mods.)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    Couple last suggestions, I hope you don't mind. Being a Toy Hauler, could you install some hooks to the Rear Door and hang your grill off from it? Sort of like the Hooks you can buy to hang your ironing board on the back of you bathroom door. just more Stout?
    OR
    A reinforcement plate on the inside of your rear door and attach the hanging device on the outside to the reinforcement plate?

Good luck and let me know what you come up with! (I am just into those type of DYI mods.)
    Great Idea! Maybe hang it on the ladder. ratchet strap. I dont know. 80lbs.
    2019 Momentum 376th