Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XLS Suspension?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    You have any pics you can post? Did they have to modify your hanger before install?
    I don't have any pics at the moment but can get one in a few days. To my knowledge Morryde did not have to modify my hanger and it looks like the one in your photo.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i called MORryde and they requested I send pics. This was their response, seems to me like this would weaken the spring hanger unless i'm missing something any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails response.png  
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i called MORryde and they requested I send pics. This was their response, seems to me like this would weaken the spring hanger unless i'm missing something any thoughts?
    Although I didn’t call Grand Design since I felt uncomfortable modifying the hanger after talking to Morryde, you might give them a call to see if that would void any warranties.

As for the Dexter EZ Flex, I feel it has smoothed out the ride and there hasn’t been any things fall around inside the trailer once at our destination. I did call Dexter too and sent them the hanger photo; they said no mods needed.

I agree the Morryde looks to be a little better but this is our first trailer with leaf springs, previous two had independent, so I wish I could give a more longer-term review but have only used it one season.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a shot of the cre3000 on a 2020 21bhe. The install was done by Morryde in Elkhart.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210503_145220.jpg  

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the photo @tfgd21bhe

The hanger doesn’t appear to be modified from what I can see from the photo. I’m confused now why they say it needs to be modified but Morryde in Elkhart can do it without the mod.

Since @Hitsman3 is still in the market for this maybe he can call to get further clarification and let us all know. Are they saying they are the only installer that can do this without modifying the hanger?
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well interesting! They told me it had to be modified so that the flanges on the CRE3000 wouldn't hit the hanger (see pic). I also feel this would weaken the hanger which i don't want to do. I called LCI & talked to them about the Road Armor equalizer & they said it would fit my hanger no problem. It's more expensive but seems like it could be better so that's the way i'm going. The Good thing is the wife's on board with it. We are going to add Sumo Springs as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flange.jpg  
    Jason & Jamie
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the follow-up @Hitsman3

Good luck with the upgrade. I’ve read some good things about the trailer sumo springs.

For anybody reading this thread in the future, I just want to mention that in my case I decided to upgrade the equalizer based on my reading and research. The nylon bushings that come standard on this suspension might last just one season.
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    Thanks for the photo @tfgd21bhe

The hanger doesn’t appear to be modified from what I can see from the photo. I’m confused now why they say it needs to be modified but Morryde in Elkhart can do it without the mod.

Since @Hitsman3 is still in the market for this maybe he can call to get further clarification and let us all know. Are they saying they are the only installer that can do this without modifying the hanger?
    Come to find out MORryde says I can install the CRE3000 as long as my hanger is the same EXACT measurements as (tfgd21bhe) is? I have to assume it is as they are both GD Imagine XLS's. Look identical in the pics. LCI says the road armor won't work because the Road Armor bolt holes are only 6" in width & my current dexter one's are 7-3/4". They say I can use the equaflex as it is a direct replacement for my current set up it's just a bit taller but shouldn't make a difference. Waiting to hear back from MORryde on how wide the CRE3000 is? Thanks for all you guys input, any other thoughts or concerns i should be thinking of?
    Jason & Jamie
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your spring hangers are different than what the XLS has on them. The MORryde qualifcation guide says hanger must be 3" wide, mines about 1-3/4". Send some pics when yours is done, i would like to see it.
    My long overdue suspension upgrades. CRE3000, heavy duty shackle kit with wet bolts, X-Factor (with modification to clear low hanging galley dump pipe), and boxed in spring hangers. My trailer guys did a superb job!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210511_195517642.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	34058Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210511_195427415.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	34059Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210511_195409236.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	34060
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    Although I didn’t call Grand Design since I felt uncomfortable modifying the hanger after talking to Morryde, you might give them a call to see if that would void any warranties.

As for the Dexter EZ Flex, I feel it has smoothed out the ride and there hasn’t been any things fall around inside the trailer once at our destination. I did call Dexter too and sent them the hanger photo; they said no mods needed.

I agree the Morryde looks to be a little better but this is our first trailer with leaf springs, previous two had independent, so I wish I could give a more longer-term review but have only used it one season.
    I had the Dexter EZ Flex installed on our 22MLE before our 5,000 trip...and it performed great trailer rode a lot smother and felt real stable....It was a good install for me..
    Roger & Debbie
    2020 XLE 22 MLE
    2021 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4
    Crew Cab with, 6.2L V8 With HD Tow Pkg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast