Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XLS Suspension?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XLS Suspension?

Wanting to add either the Road Armor equalizer or the MORryde CRE3000. Seems like the Road Armor is out of stock the places I've looked, so figure i'll go with the CRE3000. Only question i have is with the hanger. On the XLS's the hanger is different than all the other pics I've seen with those that have upgraded the equalizer on other models. Has anybody with an XLS done this upgrade or would anyone know if this can still be done? Or am i stuck with the crap equalizer that's on it. Trying to help smooth out the ride. According to MORrydes web site it says the hanger must be 3" wide. Our's is 1-3/4" but everything else is ok. I did try calling them but i forget that not everybody is on west coast time & they were already closed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hanger.jpg  
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XLS Suspension?

Doesn’t look too different, looks like an extended hanger that potentially is meant for height adjustability. Either should work fine on your rig. The extended bracket however may lend itself to more lateral movements. Some strengthening may do it good for longevity, even if you don’t upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...er-E-Z-Flex-vs

Post number six indicates that it may not work. I am interested in doing similar to my xls and was set on the e-a flex but now interested if you receive a different answer - tbh the morryde seems like a nicer product.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morryde installed the cre3000 on my 2020 21bhe last spring. It has the same hanger as your photo. However they said they were not able to install the x-factor cross members. I've been very happy with the cre3000's. Trailer definitely tows smoother.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty certain that a few members on here installed the CRE3000 on their XLS. Maybe try doing an advance search and use a few different models like 22mle.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tfgd21bhe View Post
    Morryde installed the cre3000 on my 2020 21bhe last spring. It has the same hanger as your photo. However they said they were not able to install the x-factor cross members. I've been very happy with the cre3000's. Trailer definitely tows smoother.
    Mine is in the shop right now getting the CRE3000, heavy duty shackles, wet bolts, and X-Factor installed. I am also having them weld reinforcements on the spring hangers. They are doing a mod to the X-Factor because the drain pipe for my gally dump hangs below the Coroplast. I don't see any reason why these same additions and mods can't be done on a 22RBE. Maybe you just have to find the right trailer business.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I originally wanted to go with CRE3000 and during my research came across their Qualification Guide:

https://www.morryde.com/wp-content/u...-Qualifier.pdf

Step 2 says if the hanger doesn’t look like their photo to contact Morryde. I did and sent them a photo of my hanger which looks like @Hitsman3

They said I needed to trim part of the hanger at the top because it was too wide. I didn’t want to do that and opted for Dexter EZ Flex and wet bolt kit.

I’m satisfied with the Dexter EZ Flex so far but curious if they made any modification to @tfgd21bhe hanger?
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tfgd21bhe View Post
    You have any pics you can post? Did they have to modify your hanger before install?
    Jason & Jamie
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    I originally wanted to go with CRE3000 and during my research came across their Qualification Guide:

https://www.morryde.com/wp-content/u...-Qualifier.pdf

Step 2 says if the hanger doesn’t look like their photo to contact Morryde. I did and sent them a photo of my hanger which looks like @Hitsman3

They said I needed to trim part of the hanger at the top because it was too wide. I didn’t want to do that and opted for Dexter EZ Flex and wet bolt kit.

I’m satisfied with the Dexter EZ Flex so far but curious if they made any modification to @tfgd21bhe hanger?
    Tigger, hows the Dexter EZ Flex holding up? I'm not opposed to using it, although it is rated a bit higher than what our trailers are. Did it make a noticeable improvement over the stock one? I think the MORryde is probably a better product but not sure i want to trim part of the hanger. Also thinking about adding Sumo Springs as well.
    Jason & Jamie
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    Mine is in the shop right now getting the CRE3000, heavy duty shackles, wet bolts, and X-Factor installed. I am also having them weld reinforcements on the spring hangers. They are doing a mod to the X-Factor because the drain pipe for my gally dump hangs below the Coroplast. I don't see any reason why these same additions and mods can't be done on a 22RBE. Maybe you just have to find the right trailer business.
    I think your spring hangers are different than what the XLS has on them. The MORryde qualifcation guide says hanger must be 3" wide, mines about 1-3/4". Send some pics when yours is done, i would like to see it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spring hanger.jpg  
    Last edited by Hitsman3; 05-03-2021 at 10:44 AM. Reason: add pic.
    Jason & Jamie
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast