User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2600rb red switch blocks battery from going to converter. I installed the solar controller directly to battery, so the solar will always charge batteries independent of red switch position. Your fridge should be wired to solar controller as well, so it will run independent of red switch position.

Quote Originally Posted by John Coakley View Post
    I just bought a 2022 GD Imagine XLS 23LDE and took it directly to my storage facility. I made sure the battery was disconnected (off position and key pulled) before I left. When I returned to check on the trailer I was surprised that the refrigerator was still cold and the inside light came on when I opened the door. I have the 12 volt Dometic fridge and 165 Watt solar panels on the roof. I did figure out how to turn the fridge off (pressing the mode button inside the fridge for 3 seconds). This caused the light to go out and the fridge to turn off. The dealer didn't mention anything about the 12 volt fridge being hardwired to the batteries, nor whether the solar will or will not charge the batteries with the battery disconnected and the key pulled. I hope my (2) 6 volt batteries were not degraded because of this. I will check the batteries upon my next visit.

I was happy to find this thread because I thought I was losing my mind as to how the fridge was being powered.
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wudwork View Post
    My 2600rb red switch blocks battery from going to converter. I installed the solar controller directly to battery, so the solar will always charge batteries independent of red switch position. Your fridge should be wired to solar controller as well, so it will run independent of red switch position.
    What is the best suggestion to completely shut the fridge down when in storage?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To shut down fridge, 1) turn switch inside fridge to OFF or 2) pull fuse for fridge. During our cold winter months, I remove batteries and put them inside warmer garage on battery tender. I also put in a switch to control solar going into Furrion charge controller. With that switch OFF, no solar charging is possible so without batteries and without solar, there is no power for the fridge to run on.

Quote Originally Posted by brianscott1970 View Post
    What is the best suggestion to completely shut the fridge down when in storage?
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123