User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Price increase

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go ahead and order now, but make sure you get either a signed contract or some form of agreement on the price. Make sure you also get a copy of the build sheet so that you know exactly what was ordered and the cost. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell your dealer you plan to report them to the consumer fraud division of your state’s Attorney General office. Find out real quick if they want to be investigated.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are glad that you got everything worked out.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad it worked out for you.
    I wonder how the conversation between the dealer and GD went?

I don't think I'd bring it back there for any warranty work..lol They have shown their moral level.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Glad it worked out for you.
    I wonder how the conversation between the dealer and GD went?

I don't think I'd bring it back there for any warranty work..lol They have shown their moral level.
    She never said what or any input GD had. Perhaps it was as said earlier and wasn’t tagged properly at GD for price protection and GD covered it
    Let’s face it these price increases GD is implementing are somewhat due to cost but I guarantee more due to demand and profit increase

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock.45 View Post
    Cookeville RV in Tennessee is a no BS dealer. I know of folks from all over the lower 48 order and pick up or have the new units delivered to them with no problems. I've purchased three campers now from Adam West aka Batman with no problems , they are great people to work with and very helpful.
    We ordered our Imagine 2670MK from Batman last week! We chose Cookeville RV in part based on all the good comments on this forum.

Thanks to all!

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell the shitty dealer you want your deposit
    Back and drive down to Tulsa at Camperland
    On route 66..they will hook you up
    We bought our 2021 GD Solitude
    Through them..40ft cheaper than
    Any other place around and we researched for 5 months

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Templeton View Post
    Tell the shitty dealer you want your deposit
    Back and drive down to Tulsa at Camperland
    On route 66..they will hook you up
    We bought our 2021 GD Solitude
    Through them..40ft cheaper than
    Any other place around and we researched for 5 months
    Then they would have to pay more. Don’t do that

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kward1022 View Post
    We've had our eye on a Reflection 295rl (we currently own a tt from a different manufacturer). When we first went to the local GD dealer, we were told that prices were increasing 7% on 5/1. We want dual pane windows and will most likely need to order them to secure them. On 4/30, the sales manager of the dealership called me (we'd been dealing with a brand new sales rep who knew very little about the industry or the product) and he said the price increase would on 6/1 and that it would apply to anything coming off the line after that date even if we order it now. Based upon that, we certainly didn't feel rushed to order.

The comments I've read above indicate that the price should freeze when ordered. If that is true and if the price increase actually is June 1 and not May 1, then maybe we should go ahead and order (if the dealer agrees that the price will freeze). He did say anything coming off after June 1 would be a 2022 model.

Any thoughts on this?
    Working on a momentum 350G order now because we have some specific wants and there is not a lot of inventory out there for this model, to begin with. The dealer just got back to us (working #s and details for the past 2 weeks) and anything going forward is under the new price increase as they reached out to GD to confirm before placing the order. Maybe you'll have better luck somehow and get it for the old price.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kward1022 View Post
    We've had our eye on a Reflection 295rl (we currently own a tt from a different manufacturer). When we first went to the local GD dealer, we were told that prices were increasing 7% on 5/1. We want dual pane windows and will most likely need to order them to secure them. On 4/30, the sales manager of the dealership called me (we'd been dealing with a brand new sales rep who knew very little about the industry or the product) and he said the price increase would on 6/1 and that it would apply to anything coming off the line after that date even if we order it now. Based upon that, we certainly didn't feel rushed to order.

The comments I've read above indicate that the price should freeze when ordered. If that is true and if the price increase actually is June 1 and not May 1, then maybe we should go ahead and order (if the dealer agrees that the price will freeze). He did say anything coming off after June 1 would be a 2022 model.

Any thoughts on this?
    Any orders put in after 5/1 are subject to the 7% price increase.

The June 1st date is for stock units coming offline. In other words, if I have a 2800BH coming offline on 6/5, and it is a dealer stock unit, it gets the price increase. If I have a retail name assigned to it, it is price held.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast