Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Price increase

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Price increase

Just received a call from the salesman who made the order for our new GD Momentum 395MRS. He is telling us that with the increase in price from GD, that the Momentum price has gone up roughly $10,000! Now our Momentum is due to come off the line on May 3 (Monday). Now our agreed upon price is no longer valid and we will have to pay the additional money if we want the Momentum! We do have paperwork stating the price we agreed upon when ordering, but wanted to see if anyone else who had ordered their Momentum had this issue. We placed our order the first of Feb. and was give May 3 date of completion. Where do we stand with this order? My thoughts are NOT to pay the increase and see what happens. We did put a large deposit down when we ordered and this is to be a cash deal. Is this even legal? Need some advice please! Also, the dealer knew we would be paying cash for the RV and we put down a $10,000 deposit. Our Momentum 395M was ordered on Feb. 10, so well before the price increases came about. This is a dealership in Arkansas. I have posted this on Facebook GD Momentum page, just wanted to see if anyone else has run into this situation? Thanks.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Price increase

The dealer can be as unscrupulous as he wants and sounds like that is the way he wants to go
    If you signed a Bill of sale is best but even if you just placed a deposit still is a legal offer
    An offer,acceptance and consideration is binding
    But how far do you want to take it with such a crap dealer?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 04-30-2021 at 07:29 PM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we have been waiting for this RV for 3 months and now all of this crap! I want the RV and I want the agreed upon price!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellyB View Post
    Well, we have been waiting for this RV for 3 months and now all of this crap! I want the RV and I want the agreed upon price!
    Well like I said the dealer doesn’t have a leg to stand on and I would be firm with them but if they still say the old deal is void I guess retaining a lawyer will be needed
    That is why I asked how far you want to take it
    Do you have a signed agreement?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellyB View Post
    Just received a call from the salesman who made the order for our new GD Momentum 395MRS. He is telling us that with the increase in price from GD, that the Momentum price has gone up roughly $10,000! Now our Momentum is due to come off the line on May 3 (Monday). Now our agreed upon price is no longer valid and we will have to pay the additional money if we want the Momentum! We do have paperwork stating the price we agreed upon when ordering, but wanted to see if anyone else who had ordered their Momentum had this issue. We placed our order the first of Feb. and was give May 3 date of completion. Where do we stand with this order? My thoughts are NOT to pay the increase and see what happens. We did put a large deposit down when we ordered and this is to be a cash deal. Is this even legal? Need some advice please! Also, the dealer knew we would be paying cash for the RV and we put down a $10,000 deposit. Our Momentum 395M was ordered on Feb. 10, so well before the price increases came about. This is a dealership in Arkansas. I have posted this on Facebook GD Momentum page, just wanted to see if anyone else has run into this situation? Thanks.
    It’s a big lie period. The price on your unit did not increase. They are straight up trying to steal from you.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stand firm
    Get a lawyer if necessary and explain to them you will be asking they pay for your legal fees
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will probably be of interest to you....

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...rice-increases

Notice>> 7% price increase effective today. All retail ordered units in their system are price protected, but moving forward, everything is now 7% higher.

I would be calling Grand Design and asking them to reach out to your dealer.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, an offer signed and deposit cashed should lock in the price. Don't budge unless you're willing to hold the dealer in breech of your written agreement which in most states should then require a refund in full of all deposits paid.

There's no such thing as "no refund" if they're not abiding to the letter of the agreement.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought once a sold unit order - i.e., with a customer name on it - was placed, GD holds the price at the time of order. Now if you are buying a unit the dealer had ordered for retail stock that may be a different animal unless there's an agreement with a down-payment.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
    This will probably be of interest to you....

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...rice-increases

Notice>> 7% price increase effective today. All retail ordered units in their system are price protected, but moving forward, everything is now 7% higher.

I would be calling Grand Design and asking them to reach out to your dealer.
    Contacting GD may be your best option. IMO, the dealer is trying to "push you out" of the deal so he can sell it to someone else for more than he sold it to you for. You will need to fight to hold on to your position in this rig. The rig went into production because you created a demand for it. The dealer used your funds to secure this order. Backing out of the deal is exactly what the dealer wants you to do. Your choice, Fight or Flee. God's blessings, Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast