User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2018 2970RL is flaking off the paint on bathroom cabinets. Almost black in color. A regular, black, stain does a good job of covering the missing paint but more continues to flake off. Has anybody asked GD how to fix this problem? Our next step is to remove all previous paint and repaint with a quality cabinet paint. Will never match original but since everything in bath will have same coating will not be noticeable.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to hear what GD says.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 2600RB it looks like the finish is a glued sheet on the wood. I have nicked a corner and it looks like it could peel right off. Don't think you can paint over this and would explain why sanding and staining doesn't work. Not what I expected for the money.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bathroom door in our 21bhe kept peeling. I took it off and painted the outside. Took a decent amount of work but it was driving me nuts and turned out nice.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having issues attaching a picture. Hopefully this works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8303C01F-CD82-456D-816D-03F8575E444F.jpeg  

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019 2600RB, same issue, looks like one coat, doesn't take a stain over worn areas, where hand touches surface. If you look close enough (with sun shining on them) the face of the cabinets are not the same color as drawers and doors, plus it's a vinyl wrap. I'm going to just pull all the drawers and doors and use a semi gloss paint, try to match color best I can. At least I know what's on them, can touch up and clean them. Yep, I lot of work, specially probably selling, but can't sell or keep it with the finish off..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure the majority of the cabinetry is pressboard with a paper woodgrain finish glued down to it. The small divider between the drawers is for sure and easy to tell if you look at the back of it. The pressboard will have no grain pattern and will not take stain. A paint pen might fix small marks but otherwise you most likely will have to order a replacement door, draw or entire cabinet if the mark is that bad. This is how they cut weight and cost, rather than use real wood.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy View Post
    I'm pretty sure the majority of the cabinetry is pressboard with a paper woodgrain finish glued down to it. The small divider between the drawers is for sure and easy to tell if you look at the back of it. The pressboard will have no grain pattern and will not take stain. A paint pen might fix small marks but otherwise you most likely will have to order a replacement door, draw or entire cabinet if the mark is that bad. This is how they cut weight and cost, rather than use real wood.
    Decades of woodworking tells me most of my cabinetry is real wood. It's one thing that separates quality levels.

Knowing what you have is critical.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    Decades of woodworking tells me most of my cabinetry is real wood. It's one thing that separates quality levels.

my momentum does not have real wood
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post

40 years of woodworking for me tells me mine is NOT 100% real...and that is fine, I don't see that as a lower quality product. But in reference to this thread and people attempting to stain and fix scratches, it does matter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast