User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LED strip around slide on 17MKE

I want to put a 12V LED strip around the back side of the molding around our slide that has the theater seating. I would like to wire it into the 12V light wiring on the slide. Does anyone know where the power for that light comes into the slide so I can tap into it? I found the thicker cables for the slide motors but haven't found a smaller wire.
    Thanks
    Frank & Nadine
    2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2021 Ford F‑150 XLT 3.5L V6 Hybrid 4WD SuperCrew Cab Factory Max tow package

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Power to slides is usually via a bundle underneath the slide. These bundles are usually inside a flexible plastic cable race and suspended by a spring or a wide plastic strap. Wiring then runs up through the laminated slide walls and ceiling where it is inaccessible. You would need to be very careful about bringing wires from outside into the interior through the slide opening and past the seals, mechanism, etc.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added a LED light strip behind the molding on our 2970 door side slide. I purchased one from Amazon that came with a 120 v plug and it is plugged into the base of the cabinet by our couch (similar to the table by the murphy bed in your camper)
    Our previous camper had the light strip above the slide so the DW and grand daughter said I needed to add one to the 2970.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Power to slides is usually via a bundle underneath the slide. These bundles are usually inside a flexible plastic cable race and suspended by a spring or a wide plastic strap. Wiring then runs up through the laminated slide walls and ceiling where it is inaccessible. You would need to be very careful about bringing wires from outside into the interior through the slide opening and past the seals, mechanism, etc.

Rob
    I was able to find the 12V wire where it was located surprisingly, running through the 120VAC outlet behind the recliners on the slide. Both wires came into the same box. The 12V went into the wall and up to the light on the ceiling. Luckily the was enough slack in the 12V wire up in the wall that I was able to make a splice and tap off of it within the box. Now we have new indirect warm white LED lights with a dimmer that luminate from behind the slide molding. I could have easily used a plug in transformer but I wanted to have lights work off the battery.
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    Frank & Nadine
    2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2021 Ford F‑150 XLT 3.5L V6 Hybrid 4WD SuperCrew Cab Factory Max tow package