Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2670MK On order

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by divemedic View Post
    Have a new 2021 Ram Rebel Crew Cab 5’7” bed 5.7L 3.92 for towing. Hope that’s plenty. Says I can tow over 11,000 pounds but dealer says up to 10,000 no problem. Hoping tongue wt is close to 900-1000lbs so no sway.
    I would not rely on any Dealer telling me what I can or can not tow. I will say this, my 2019 F150 Crew Cab FX4 with the 2.7 Ecoboost with 3:55 rear end tows my 7000-7500 LB (Loaded to Travel) but I know its back there. I am just within specs on my axles but over by about 800 lbs on my Gross Combined Vehicle weight. To some that may not be a concern but as an ex over the road driver (Class A Cdl) and as safety concious as I am it bothers me. I bought my Truck before we bought the TT, otherwise I would have went to a different truck. My decision to order a F350 (Diesel) was for the towing power, payload capacity and the fact that I will move up to a heavier RV and will be using my Truck for Commercial work.

Your Truck may tow it fine. That 5.7 Hemi seems to be a very strong engine from what I read and see from some folks I know that own them.

I would just make sure you are within your tow limits and axle ratios. I am by no means trying to be the Internet police (LOL) and I am just giving you my concerns and how I deal with my own towing needs,,,
    Congrats on your New Purchase !!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    I would not rely on any Dealer telling me what I can or can not tow. I will say this, my 2019 F150 Crew Cab FX4 with the 2.7 Ecoboost with 3:55 rear end tows my 7000-7500 LB (Loaded to Travel) but I know its back there. I am just within specs on my axles but over by about 800 lbs on my Gross Combined Vehicle weight. To some that may not be a concern but as an ex over the road driver (Class A Cdl) and as safety concious as I am it bothers me. I bought my Truck before we bought the TT, otherwise I would have went to a different truck. My decision to order a F350 (Diesel) was for the towing power, payload capacity and the fact that I will move up to a heavier RV and will be using my Truck for Commercial work.

Your Truck may tow it fine. That 5.7 Hemi seems to be a very strong engine from what I read and see from some folks I know that own them.

I would just make sure you are within your tow limits and axle ratios. I am by no means trying to be the Internet police (LOL) and I am just giving you my concerns and how I deal with my own towing needs,,,
    Congrats on your New Purchase !!
    Appreciate your advice. Just trying to figure things out as a newbie.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by divemedic View Post
    Appreciate your advice. Just trying to figure things out as a newbie.

I will also add to get a Good Weight Distribution Hitch, as others may have mentioned. (It makes a world of difference) I have the Equalizer four way rated at 14000 pounds with my hitch set-up. Prolly some over kill but it keeps it tracking true and eliminates a lot of the sway unless their are windy conditions or when an 18 wheeller comes rolling by. Just be aware for a little getting sucked into the daft,,, Load it properly and you should be at that tongue weight you mentioned. Thats pretty much what my TW is on my 2600RB. Cheers !

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    I will also add to get a Good Weight Distribution Hitch, as others may have mentioned. (It makes a world of difference) I have the Equalizer four way rated at 14000 pounds with my hitch set-up. Prolly some over kill but it keeps it tracking true and eliminates a lot of the sway unless their are windy conditions or when an 18 wheeller comes rolling by. Just be aware for a little getting sucked into the daft,,, Load it properly and you should be at that tongue weight you mentioned. Thats pretty much what my TW is on my 2600RB. Cheers !
    Thanks. Just FYI…. Our RV dealer gets a local company to make its hitch’s. A bit pricey but stronger and brings the hitch weight much closer to the truck body that a pre-made can. They said 90% of buyers get it. They use an equalizer WD and sway with it. I think 1000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your order. We ordered ours with a Jan / Feb arrival date. We asked the dealer to let us know when it’s going to go into production and try to take a trip to the factory. We looked hard at several but chose the GD for the quality. They all have issues, but GD seems to be among the best without spending twice as much. We asked about solar as it was an option when we spec’d but we’re told anything being built after 10/1 was including it. Glad to see the changes for ‘22 especially the griddle, 12v fridge and Good Year’s. We opted for the 2nd AC & freestanding table and chairs and regular jack-knife sofa.

Happy travels!
    2022 Grand Design 2670MK (due Feb 2022)

2018 Ford F-150 Lariat Super Crew 4x4 w/ 3.5L Eco-Boost & MAX Tow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12