Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help please norcold 2118 auto mode

When the auto mode is set with the symbols- plug white and flam dark does the Norcold 2118 run on LP? If the LP tank run empty, will the electricity take over and run the unit. The Norcold manual states that it will run on the most efficient energy source. I do not understand the efficient term. The 2118 would not stop beeping until I refilled the LP tanks, even though I switched the mode to electric. It would flash a code no AC. With the LP tanks filled and switched to the door side LP tank, the beeping stopped. The 2118 never stopped running during this whole episode, so it had to be running on electric.

Also, I cannot find the GFI outlet. The only place I could not see was where the stackable dryer and washer are located in the front bedroom closet in my Solitude 373 F.

Thanks for your help!
    2021 Solitude 373FB
    Wife-Barb
    Standard Poodle-Kate
    No Truck
    C7 Corvette

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoo View Post

When the auto mode is set with the symbols- plug white and flam dark does the Norcold 2118 run on LP? If the LP tank run empty, will the electricity take over and run the unit. The Norcold manual states that it will run on the most efficient energy source. I do not understand the efficient term. The 2118 would not stop beeping until I refilled the LP tanks, even though I switched the mode to electric. It would flash a code no AC. With the LP tanks filled and switched to the door side LP tank, the beeping stopped. The 2118 never stopped running during this whole episode, so it had to be running on electric.

Also, I cannot find the GFI outlet. The only place I could not see was where the stackable dryer and washer are located in the front bedroom closet in my Solitude 373 F.

Thanks for your help!
    In our 310GK, the Nocold (Never Cold) 2118 in Auto mode will run on electricity (120v AC) if present. If 120v AC is not present, it will switch to LP. Once on LP, if 120v AC becomes available it will switch back to electric. In our unit, the refrigerator runs continuously ( and I do mean 24/7) unless the outside temp is below mid-40's, or every two days (actually about 51 Hr) when it goes into "defrost mode".

We only have one GFCI. It is in the bathroom. All of the other GFCI protected outlets (kitchen, outside, basement) are run off that one device.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 05-01-2021 at 11:26 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    In our 310GK, the Nocold (Never Cold) 2118 in Auto mode will run on electricity (120v AC) if present. If 120v AC is not present, it will switch to LP. Once on LP, if 120v AC becomes available it will switch back to electric. In our unit, the refrigerator runs continuously ( and I do mean 24/7) unless the outside temp is below mid-40's, or every two days (actually about 51 Hr) when it goes into "defrost mode".

We only have one GFCI. It is in the bathroom. All of the other GFCI protected outlets (kitchen, outside, basement) are run off that one device.

Chris
    Thanks, Chris. My 2118 has 2 auto modes. I think one is electric primary and one is LP primary. I have one electric manual mode and one LP mode.
    I am on 50 amp shore power. I think my problem was that I was on auto mode LP primary.
    I hope my GFI is not behind the stacked washer/dryer.
    2021 Solitude 373FB
    Wife-Barb
    Standard Poodle-Kate
    No Truck
    C7 Corvette

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is also like Chris. When on auto the preferred is electric.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoo View Post
    Thanks, Chris. My 2118 has 2 auto modes. I think one is electric primary and one is LP primary. I have one electric manual mode and one LP mode.
    I am on 50 amp shore power. I think my problem was that I was on auto mode LP primary.
    I hope my GFI is not behind the stacked washer/dryer.
    Interesting. does your manual for the refrigerator cover this? On our 2118, it has three modes. LP only, Electric only and Auto (both symbols are displayed - with electric preferred if both are available). They are chose by cycling through them with the mode button. Maybe Norcold changed the function between the years.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A certified Norcold tech is checking out my 2118. It may be a bad control board. It is still under warranty, which is a relief.
    Grand Design was great to work with. I actually got to talk to a live helpful person who helped me find the certified tech. Sure nice to have good customer service in this day and age. It is very rare.
    2021 Solitude 373FB
    Wife-Barb
    Standard Poodle-Kate
    No Truck
    C7 Corvette