User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hidden breakers?

Hi again. I'm still working on understanding my 2021 Solitude 310GK. Past experience with other brands' electrical system issues always revealed somewhat hidden manual breakers or in-line breakers not mentioned in any manual...particularly in the Lippert Easy up system.

Are there any of these mystery breakers in use by Grand Design?

Thanks!
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Are there any of these mystery breakers in use by Grand Design?
    Probably not an exhaustive list, but there's a fuse on the pump, the aux solar panel line, and at least one behind the convenience center control panel for the awning and/or awning lights. Silly.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    Probably not an exhaustive list, but there's a fuse on the pump, the aux solar panel line, and at least one behind the convenience center control panel for the awning and/or awning lights. Silly.

-Steve
    Thanks Steve. Where exactly is the solar line located. I have not had the opportunity to crawl around yet, but am thinking it goes from the roof to the inverter area?
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Thanks Steve. Where exactly is the solar line located. I have not had the opportunity to crawl around yet, but am thinking it goes from the roof to the inverter area?
    On my 2018 model, they placed a plug on the outside of the trailer just to the curb-side of the front storage compartment door. You were supposed to plug a portable solar panel/charge controller into that plug. Inside the front storage compartment, the (+)ve wire from the back side of the plug was fused (10 amp, I think). It wasn't really solar prep. More a bullet-item for their sales brochure, in my opinion.

I removed the plug and fuse altogether and re-purposed it as a 110 V outlet from my inverter.

The real solar prep they provided was a covered chase from the roof down into the basement. It lets you conveniently run a couple of wires from the roof-top solar panels -- that you supply -- to the charge controller -- that you supply. And you'll need to supply your own fuses or breakers. . .

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI