User Tag List

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 346FLS - 8K Axles

Hi folks. Looking to upgrade ...... wondering on a 346FLS if we order the 8K Axels w/Disc Brakes will the GVW sticker be updated to reflect increased capacity? Has anyone ordered w/8K Axels? Has anyone ordered w/ disc brakes? Thoughts or opinions? Thanks!!
    2021 Solitude 346FLS & 2021 F450 - Platinum 6.7 PS
    346FLS - Mods & Stuff - B&W Companion Hitch, TPS, RVLock, Magnum MS2812 Inverter, 4x Renogy 170AH Lithium Batteries, Progressive EMS HW50C, Splendide Combo W/D, and more to come!!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't tell you about the 346FLS specifically. What I can tell you is that upgrading the Solitude 310GK to the 8K axles with load range H tires changes the GVWR on the sticker from 15,000 lbs. to 18,000 lbs. I assume something similar would happen with the 346FLS.

On a related note, I hope you're planning on upgrading your tow vehicle, too. at 16,800 lbs. GVWR (without the axle upgrade), the 346FLS is too much trailer for a single rear wheel 3/4-ton truck.

Rob

Edit/PS: we have installed disc brakes on both of our fifth wheels... it reduced the stopping distance by almost half. You'll love them.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply Rob. I was kind of hoping they would resticker the weight rating. It makes sense but you never know. Good to hear about the disk brakes!! Lol, yes a 250 wouldn’t cut it. We have a 450 on order, however, I’m hearing 4-10 months to deliver. Most things are messed up this year. Can you imagine the tow police on that one!, Lol.
    2021 Solitude 346FLS & 2021 F450 - Platinum 6.7 PS
    346FLS - Mods & Stuff - B&W Companion Hitch, TPS, RVLock, Magnum MS2812 Inverter, 4x Renogy 170AH Lithium Batteries, Progressive EMS HW50C, Splendide Combo W/D, and more to come!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've ordered a 350g with the 8K axles and disk brakes after talking with the GD factory design people. We haven't seen it yet, GD said it went on line April 30. GD factory sales told me that the sticker would be changed from a GVWR of16800# to 18000# (the pin box now limits the trailer GVWR). We plan on putting our Polaris turbo S4 or our 32 High boy in the garage when we tow.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will the 8k axle upgrade change the height? Our 346FLS gets to the dealer this week and want to be sure I know what the height is.
    Wade & Jennefer
    2022 Solitude 346 FLS
    2023 Silverado 3500 High Country CC DRW 4WD 8ft Bed, B&W OEM Companion Hitch
    Home Base - Port Susan Camping Club, Tulalip WA

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wadejenn View Post
    Will the 8k axle upgrade change the height? Our 346FLS gets to the dealer this week and want to be sure I know what the height is.
    The only sure way to know the height on any rig is to put in on the truck and measure it. They vary based on options, weight, truck height, and how much settling the truck does when the trailer is on it. No two rigs are exactly the same. They'll all be 13'6" or under - that's the legal limit nationwide. Are you concerned about covered storage for it or something?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we have a couple memberships in a camping club and have a metal cover that we park under. It is 14’ to the low part of the gable end. But we come down hill into it which is hard to calculate. Worst case I can remove the gable.
    Wade & Jennefer
    2022 Solitude 346 FLS
    2023 Silverado 3500 High Country CC DRW 4WD 8ft Bed, B&W OEM Companion Hitch
    Home Base - Port Susan Camping Club, Tulalip WA