User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide outs stuck - cannot depart

Hey all, I'm curious if you've found yourself in a scenario where your slide outs won't retract. We are in a position where our drivers side slide out comes in (almost all the way) but the passenger side starts to move but get's "stuck" and won't budge.

We've called all the Mobile RV Repair shops in the area but looks like we'll need to wait until Monday in order to get this resolved. Any tips or experience you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

What i've tried:
    - Tried to auto level (with slides out) the rig says it's level
    - Tried to lubricate the rails on the slide bottoms
    - Tried to push the stuck slide out while retracting

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may want to post the year and model and what type of slide

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry. It's a 2018 Momentum 395M with the Lipert Hydraulic Slide Outs.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The relays wear out on these if they're the 50 amp version. When they start to go bad they will bring the slides in a ways and just quit. If you wait a few seconds and try it again it will move further then stop again.

Make sure there is nothing in the way of your slide.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is very likely (I have a 2018 Momentum 394M) that the auto reset breaker that was mentioned above, is a 50A breaker. They need to be an 80A version as the hydraulic pump that operates the slides and the levellers will pull 68-70 amps when operating.....so the 50 amp breaker kicks out because it gets overheated. After it cools off and resets, the pump will work again.....until it overheats and kicks off again. It's a viscous cycle of kicking out, cooling and resetting, then kicking out again. Grand Design sent me a new one to install on mine and no issue since. You may want to check yours and see if it's a 50A auto reset breaker.

Another thought here, to maybe get you out of a jamb for the time being. In the curbside propane compartment, there are two little black knobs....just to the right of the propane tank. Those two black knobs control the flow of hydraulic fluid to the slides.....one knob for the curbside slide, and the other one for the streetside slide. Close one of them off and retract which over slide comes in. Then, open that that knob and close the other one and retract that slide. Doing it like that lessens the "load" on the hydraulic system (the pump specifically) and it might just work for you to get both slides in. Once you do that, remember to make sure and open the knob that you closed last.....Then get the auto reset breaker issue resolved after you get home. Hope this helps.

Oh, and what I did is to close one of them and see which slide still operates and then mark the knobs with a sticker or white paint stick and Identify which knob is which for later reference.

And finally, one other though for you to get the slides in and be able to leave wherever you are now. If you know where that auto reset breaker is located, you can take the red 12 wire off of the breaker (the one that comes from the battery), and move it over to the other side and tighten it down there. That will be the wire that goes to the hydraulic pump motor directional switch or relay. MAKE SURE TO PUT IT BACK WHERE IT BELONGS AFTER YOU ARE DONE.
    Last edited by xrated; 05-02-2021 at 03:15 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all the great suggestions. The previous owner to us had a new breaker sent from grand design and installed (I believe it was the 80amp). I'll give the other method a try and report back.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Running one at a time worked!!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sedonami View Post
    Real glad to hear that.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sedonami View Post
    That's awesome......now when you get home, to get to the bottom of why the pump is kicking out the auto reset breaker. It could be a bad breaker, or it could just be doing exactly what it is designed to do....and by that, I mean that if that circuit is pulling enough current to cause it to kick out...>80 amp, there is likely an issue with the pump motor or a restriction in the hydraulic line(s).
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For situations like this Lippert has a service tech line you can call. Either 574-537-8900 or 574-312-7531 That may be quicker than waiting for a reply here.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast