User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Splendide vented washer dryer install in 2021 310-GK

I finally got around to doing the washer dryer installation in our new 310-GK. All in all no issues. The westland vent kit installed without issue. I checked the manufacturer "dryer vent center line" with a stud finder and all was fine. I used a 4" hole saw and it was perfect. That install was clean and neat.

Next was bringing the unit into the rig. Two people without too much difficulty. No problems until the washer closet door. The trim piece on one side must be removed. I removed the latch side of the frame.. Just knocks off with a hammer. Additionally, lift the bed and open the door all the way to negate needing to remove the door itself. It will swing all of the way open once past the bed.

The good news is it fits fine. The bad news is that GD puts the shutoffs in a location where they are almost impossible to use on a regular basis. As others have said...two shark bite shutoffs in the basement will be the easiest resolution.

The dealer wanted $350.00 for what amounted to an hours work. I would have paid $100...just to avoid lugging it around!

All in all, a pretty easy job.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    I finally got around to doing the washer dryer installation in our new 310-GK. All in all no issues. The westland vent kit installed without issue. I checked the manufacturer "dryer vent center line" with a stud finder and all was fine. I used a 4" hole saw and it was perfect. That install was clean and neat.

Next was bringing the unit into the rig. Two people without too much difficulty. No problems until the washer closet door. The trim piece on one side must be removed. I removed the latch side of the frame.. Just knocks off with a hammer. Additionally, lift the bed and open the door all the way to negate needing to remove the door itself. It will swing all of the way open once past the bed.

The good news is it fits fine. The bad news is that GD puts the shutoffs in a location where they are almost impossible to use on a regular basis. As others have said...two shark bite shutoffs in the basement will be the easiest resolution.

The dealer wanted $350.00 for what amounted to an hours work. I would have paid $100...just to avoid lugging it around!

All in all, a pretty easy job.
    Congratulations! I think "lucky for us" (maybe not) we had the dealer install them when the coach was delivered to them. If I remember right, they charged an hour for labor and $1k for the washer and dryer; so $1,100 out the door.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got around to doing the washer dryer installation in our new 310-GK
    Thanks for the info! We're about ready to move forward with the Splendide washer/dryer (WFL1300XD/DV6400X). Is this the vent kit you're referring to. . . .?

https://www.amazon.com/Westland-VID4...7315377&sr=8-1

Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Thanks for the info! We're about ready to move forward with the Splendide washer/dryer (WFL1300XD/DV6400X). Is this the vent kit you're referring to. . . .?

https://www.amazon.com/Westland-VID4...7315377&sr=8-1

Thanks!
    It is...but I did the one in chrome.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is...but I did the one in chrome.
    Awesome - thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you put in the combo unit or separate washer and dryer?

I put in a combo unit in. Where GD marked for the vent was totally in the wrong place so I had to relocated that. And the supply lines were also impossible to get to. Since I only put in a single unit I just relocated the supply lines higher so they could be reached from inside the closet. While in there I removed the carpet too and put in some vinyl flooring in case of a water leak.

Like you I had to remove the trim from the utility closet but also from the door into the bedroom. Not a bit deal, but frustrating that GD can't figure out plumbing or door widths before they promote washer/dryer ready units.

Finished install photo below. I have some other photos in my mod thread (search "kalakamods" if interested.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B7DE3A1F-F873-480D-9F28-C5C0A429AD59.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	998.9 KB 
ID:	35677
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember right, they charged an hour for labor and $1k for the washer and dryer; so $1,100 out the door.
    If that price is correct, I'm looking at the wrong sources. For the stackable washer/dryer, stack kit, vent kit, drain pan, sales tax, I'm seeing around $2K - and that's for me to install it. Anyone care to chime in on the best pricing? Thanks!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    If that price is correct, I'm looking at the wrong sources. For the stackable washer/dryer, stack kit, vent kit, drain pan, sales tax, I'm seeing around $2K - and that's for me to install it. Anyone care to chime in on the best pricing? Thanks!
    The prices quoted are for the vented washer/dryer combo. Not sure what a stackable setup is going to cost, bit it's going to add a bunch more weight!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The prices quoted are for the vented washer/dryer combo. Not sure what a stackable setup is going to cost, bit it's going to add a bunch more weight!
    All valid points to consider for sure. Here’s the info I’ve been able to dig up recently to compare. . . .

Weight + Cost (at Camping World)

Washer WFL1300XD: 148lb + $990
    Dryer DV6400X: 67lb + $800
    Stack kit: $90
    TOTAL: 215lb + $1880 (not including vent, tax, etc.)

Washer/Dryer vented combo WDV2200XCD
    TOTAL: 148lb + $1350

For us, the weight difference is not a big deal (I know my weights). Although the wife prefers the stackable, we do need to ponder the $530 difference and loss of closet space though.

I’m open to thoughts/suggestions if I’m missing something. Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all - Can someone please advise what you used and/or where you found a drip pan to fit under the washer? Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast