Slide and Stab ??

This forum is awesome!

We just pick up our GD Reflection 31MB and I have two questions:
    1. Our slide on our 2021 31MB looks like it's out too far on the bottom
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0460.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	33843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0461.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	33844Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0462.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	33845Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0463.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	33846

The other is after reading on some of the post regarding rear stabilizer jacks, I think ours may be protruding too much? Should they be shorter, they only clear 6.5" from the ground?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0454.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	33847

Sorry they're turned wrong... can't figure out how to turn them.
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2017 Chevy 2500HD SB Diesel
    B&W Turnover Goose & Andersen Ultimate

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am far from being and expert in this area. Does the slide meet the bulb seal at the bottom? aka Is there a gap between the edge of the slide and seal? My slides are not always flush and I would have to look closely again to see how they compare with yours. But what I do know for a fact is that when they are slid in there is good contact with the bulb seal and slide frame, exact angle? Well that's for folks smarter than me to answer.

Ground clearance of retracted stabilizer jacks. A really good discussion. Those things look scary low ready to drag. But what do you really need? On my Momentum the jacks are relatively close to the axles. It would take a lot of trailer tilt in order for them to drag. If they were mounted on the extreme rear of the trailer, as they are on smaller TT', you would need a lot more clearance. I am sorry, I just sat it down for a 3 month stay, I am not going to hook back up to measure, hopefully others have theirs sitting where they can measure their jack clearance for comparison.

I have read where some folks have moved theirs up, then used snap pads or blocks to compensate.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as the seals are compressed it is good. It wont be perfectly flush.

For the jacks, take a string and run it from the bottom of the tire to the bottom of the front of the frame. If the jack foot is above the string, you are good. You can do the same test for the rear jack, just use the back tire and rear of the camper.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks D2Reid & FT4NOW! I’ll give the string test a try and also check the bulb seal.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 31mb. Same thing with the slide - seems like it's out too far. As stated as long as the bulb seal is compressed it's fine. It mainly looks that way (on mine anyways) because of the skirting on the bottom. As to the jacks - never measured mine, but after two years of towing, and some fairly steep angles, no problems. More or less what Dallas says, being close to the tires, it's going to take a REALLY steep angle to come close enough to the jacks to affect them.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rear leveling jacks. If you look at recent posts on this forum there have been several reports of the wrong jacks being put onto trailers. There are a couple of different lengths of jacks for different size trailers. Look up the posts and they will give all the details on overall length of jacks and ground clearance.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue with the slide out on my 31MB. It doesn't fit evenly at the bottom and looks like it needs to be adjusted to fit better at the bottom. There are lots of 31MB owners that have complained about it and all have been told that this is normal. Facebook has dozens of complaints about it. I am contacting GD support to hear this from them. I'm not happy about it. It looks tacky and substandard to me. I think all of us 31 MB owners should gang up on GD and insist that they do something about it.
    I haven't noticed if my stabilizers are low or not. I'll take a look the next time I go to storage.
    Other than the slide out issue, we are very happen with our 31MB. I only wish the front bedroom was a little roomier.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludicrous View Post
    Thanks D2Reid & FT4NOW! I’ll give the string test a try and also check the bulb seal.
    The slide on my Imagine is the same. It sticks out a bit but it does compress the seal all the way around. Looks odd but closes as designed.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
    I think all of us 31 MB owners should gang up on GD and insist that they do something about it.
    I haven't noticed if my stabilizers are low or not. I'll take a look the next time I go to storage.
    Other than the slide out issue, we are very happen with our 31MB. I only wish the front bedroom was a little roomier.
    I'm probably not going to get into anything with Grand Design about this. It works.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser