User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 22RBE pre-purchase question - how many grey water dump valves?

Hello,
    My wife and I are considering buying a new 2021 22RBE, but when discussing different trailers with friends who have had a couple of different trailers, the subject of multiple dump valves came up. I have seen in a review video that the 22RLB has 2 different grey water tanks - one in the back for the bathroom sink and shower (that shares a dump valve with the black water tank from the toilet), and one further forward for the kitchen sink with a separate dump valve. I have watched a bunch of 22RBE review videos but only 1 mentioned the second dump valve.
    Does anyone know if there really are 2 dump valves? If there are 2 dump valves, how much of a pain would that be at dump stations? Our current camper is an older A-Frame that doesn't have any builtin tanks so I haven't had to use dump stations and dump valves.
    If anyone has any other information that I should know (non-dump valve related) please feel free to chime in.
    Thanks for reading.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It likely has 2 valves for gray,mine does and most do, but it appears to only have one sewer connection so no issues at dump station

Some trailers have 2 sewer connections but from videos it appears this one only has the one

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two sewer connections is not that much of a pain. You already have the hose out and connected to the dump station so it just amounts to pulling forward and connecting to the trailer which does not take much time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just got one, and although I have seen one video about the 2021 22rbe and that trailer had 2 valves, mine only has one gray valve. So maybe a mid-year change? Both the tanks are connected with a pipe so it functions as one big tank on mine.

I have just one dump too.

Monty
    Last edited by monsteroyd; 05-22-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours has 2 grey tanks & 2 valves. Hook up the sewer hose & pull black tank valve till empty. Then pull grey tank valve for bathroom, then do the same for grey tank for kitchen. Only one hookup to drain all tanks, pretty easy.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we talking about two dump valves as in sewer connections, or a valve that opens and closes the individual tanks. Is GD putting double sewer connections on their trailers now?
    My Reflection only has one main sewer connection.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the answers, particularly Hitsman3's, I think that the 22RBE has 2 gray tanks, each with a valve, but only one sewer connection.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Valterra gate valve on my sewer connection and leave the grey valves open so that the grey tanks both fill at the same rate. That way you don't end up with a partially filled tank and the other one needing to be dumped we seldom fill the black tank over a long weekend, but with guests, the grey may need to be dumped. I use a cap with a hose connection on the gate valve and a pump from Lowes to fill the Barker tote that I put on the tailgate. I may have to make 2-3 trips but I don't have to drag the tank through the campground at 5MPH and I don't have to hitch the trailer to go dump. The Barker rides on a mount attached on the ladder in the back of the trailer. when not in use.
    When I pack up and go to the dump station, I close the grey valves, dump the black, rinse the tank, close black valve, dup the greys eaving them open , rinse and store the hose and I' ready for the nect trip.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same rig. This reply is correct. Two gray tanks, not connected , each has a drain valve both on the same side , one close to the back and next to the dump connect and black tank brain for the shower and bath sink, the other is halfway up the side and next to the fresh tank dump for the kitchen sink. It’s no big deal.
    Both gray tanks show upon the monitor display.
    Hope this helps

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alias100 View Post
    From the answers, particularly Hitsman3's, I think that the 22RBE has 2 gray tanks, each with a valve, but only one sewer connection.
    This would be correct. I have the 2600RB, two gray valves, one sewer connection. BTW, keep some spray lubricant nearby. On my second trip out, the forward gray valve was stuck due to a lack of lubrication.

Good Luck with your new rig- I love mine!
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN