Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 2670MK Cabinet Handles, Wall Finishes

Wondering if folks have suggestions on a couple items:

--Will the wallpaper-like finish on interior walls support adhesive wall hanging mounts, such as Command Strips or Gorilla tape?
    --Are there recommended replacements (ideally with same mount screw spacing) for the sharp-cornered drawer and cabinet pull handles? I recently discovered the factory handles can slice open a bald scalp, with surgical precision.

In advance, thanks for any helpful suggestions.
    Have a great week; remember Mother's Day next weekend!
    PapaD & GrandAnna
    2021 Imagine 2670MK
    2021 Silverado 2500 LTZ, 6.6 Duramax, Allison 10

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't tried support adhesives so don't know.

When I broke a handle I had a devil of a time finding an exact replacement, never did. And then learned that the screw hole distance wasn't exactly like standard. I ended up taking a good handle off, then taking it around to hardware stores and looking at their supply of handles. Finally found one that was pretty close and put it on the least visible handle in RV.

I have also spent way to much time this morning trying to figure out how you scraped you scalp on cabinet handle. Most of us have scars from slide out corners or hitch pins. Yours is the first cabinet handle injury I have read about.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While bending over to close the toilet lid, readers fell off behind toilet. Leaned way over, got readers and then caught scalp on the handle of the above-toilet cabinet.
    The corners on those things are really sharp.
    I'm 6'2", 290; still getting used to the tight spaces.
    I may end up buying the handles I want, using one existing screw hole and drilling the 2nd one, or just using 1-screw cabinet pulls. Luckily, the mount screws are on the inside surface, so filling or repair of unused places won't be too noticeable.
    I'm sure more injuries will come from using and stowing the propane hose for the outside stove.
    That thing is a real pain and the little stove doesn't even work very well.
    PapaD & GrandAnna
    2021 Imagine 2670MK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDinMB View Post
    I'm 6'2", 290; still getting used to the tight spaces.
    PapaD I can feel your pain. While I am a tiny fella, 5' 8" and 225 I feel cramped in our really huge RV. You are a mo bigga fella, I can see where these cramped up RV's could be a challenge. Grandma used to tell me I was like a "bull in the china closet clumsy".

Changing the handles is just a chore, get er done.

I tossed the outside stove, had no use for it. I took the hose off and converted my grill with a little adapter. Now I hook my grill up to the stove connector and life is good. Still got a couple of leftover baby backs in the fridge. Quick and easy.

Do be careful around the slide corners and by the hitch. I got bumps. Pool noodles on the slide corners are a good thing. Slice off a foot of pool noodle, cut a slit, then stuff them over the corner, real noggin savers.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, D2Reid. Was thinking of using black pipe insulation for cushioning corners and to protect awning from Kitchen slide top edge. Offhand, do you know if foam cushions must be removed to retract the slide inward, or is it ok to leave them on permanently with adhesive? Not at my camper and can't recall how tight the slides snug up against the exterior wall.
    Did you re-purpose the camp stove space with something else?
    Mine is in a shallow pull-out drawer; trying to figure out a better use for that space.
    Have a good one!
    PapaD & GrandAnna
    2021 Imagine 2670MK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 5 hooks mounted along the wall under the mirror in ours for coats that have done fine for the past 1.5 years. Also have a couple by the door for dog leashes and no problems. Recently put up a key rack by the tv. The only ones that have pulled off were in the shower on the shower wall to run a clothes line for hanging wet things which of course have extra weight. It does fine with damp things but not a heavy wet towel or coat. For that I used strips and screws to put a curtain rod holder over the shower. The rod is usually removed except when needed. Now I can put that up and wet coats on hangers can hang from it.

I always seem to cut my hands or arms on a handle or edge somewhere but have not tried to do anything about it. But it has crossed my mind.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Eodenc! I've bought a few Command hooks for hats, keys, etc, but haven't installed them yet. Been busy with new door and hatch locks, figuring out installation of GM "invisible trailer" camera, how to check propane levels without injury, etc. I do appreciate the handy tips!
    Be well and happy camping.
    PapaD & GrandAnna
    2021 Imagine 2670MK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting update on cabinet handle problem. Just got a letter about a GD recall on them. Apparently I'm not the only one getting injured by the sharp edges. Customer service has agreed to send me replacements, so I won't waste time waiting on the dealer to replace the handles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=BigDinMB;367151]Wondering if folks have suggestions on a couple items:

--Will the wallpaper-like finish on interior walls support adhesive wall hanging mounts, such as Command Strips or Gorilla tape?
    --Are there recommended replacements (ideally with same mount screw spacing) for the sharp-cornered drawer and cabinet pull handles? I recently discovered the factory handles can slice open a bald scalp, with surgical precision.

In advance, thanks for any helpful suggestions.
    Have a great week; remember Mother's Day next weekend![/QUOTE

Just visited the site and saw your post...
    We have had success with Command Hooks not coming off. Also, by now, you likely have received the recall on the cabinet & drawer handles. I received my new handles and plan to install them next week.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Command hooks work great but too much weight will pull the wallpaper off of the substrate. We have had success with hooks for towels jackets hats clothes etc. but a bit careful with overloading. Seems every time we take the rig out I add a few more hooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast