User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    AZKenyon

Washer/Dryer in Closet

We are thinking about purchasing a 2015 Solitude, either the 369RL or the 375RE. The only thing I wonder about is having the washer and dryer in the closet. I picture myself fighting through the hanging clothes and getting the clothes from the washer and dragging them down to the other end with hanging shirts and dresses in my face to get to the dryer. Is that accurate? I'm definitely not interested in a combo -- been there, done that, not going back.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum AZ! We have the 2014 Solitude 369RL with the seperate closet for the washer and dryer, don't understand why Grand Design made the change to a single closet.

Steve

AZKenyon
    I wonder the same. All of the Solitude floor plans have the washer and dryer in opposite ends of the clothes closet. I wonder if it's as inconvenient as it seems to be.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our first GD was a Solitude 369RL with the W&D separated in the closet. Now we have a Momentum 380 with the same design. I too thought that the clothes in between would be a problem, but they aren't...my clothes are not packed, so I am able to slide them back and forth to make room if needed. The only thing I've learned to do, is to pay special attention that a dark sock is not dropped between the transfer.

Pam (El Rojo's DW and Chief User of W&D)
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually