User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low Point Valve won’t close on Nautilis

I have a 2021 solitude 345GK with a Nautilis system the low point drain for the hot water won’t shut off so anytime I hook up to city water or try dry camping it just dumps water out of the low point. Anybody have any idea on what could be causing that? Or any temporary solutions that I can use since we are on the road in route to Texas?

Appreciate any suggestions!

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris & Marilyn
    2021 Solitude 345GK
    2020 RAM 3500 Laramie 6.7L HO Cummings 8' Bed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmonnette View Post
    I have a 2021 solitude 345GK with a Nautilis system the low point drain for the hot water won’t shut off so anytime I hook up to city water or try dry camping it just dumps water out of the low point. Anybody have any idea on what could be causing that? Or any temporary solutions that I can use since we are on the road in route to Texas?

Appreciate any suggestions!

Chris

Does the valve for the hot low point drain turn? Does it feel like the valve for cold water drain? Did it used to work (open and close)?

A quick and dirty fix would be a plug or cap overt the end of the drain tube or another valve on the end. Shark Bite (brand) has push on fittings. Does not require any tools to install, but takes a ~$2 "disconnect tool" to remove. The drain tube is 1/2" PEX tubing.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Does the valve for the hot low point drain turn? Does it feel like the valve for cold water drain? Did it used to work (open and close)?

A quick and dirty fix would be a plug or cap overt the end of the drain tube or another valve on the end. Shark Bite (brand) has push on fittings. Does not require any tools to install, but takes a ~$2 "disconnect tool" to remove. The drain tube is 1/2" PEX tubing.

Chris
    The valve feels the same as the cold, however, I turned it a few times and it eventually knob fell off. I don’t see any cracks or breaks I put it back together and still doesn’t work. So thanks for the suggestions I’m going see if I can plug the bottom until I get a valve replaced

Chris & Marilyn
    2021 Solitude 345GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmonnette View Post
    The valve feels the same as the cold, however, I turned it a few times and it eventually knob fell off. I don’t see any cracks or breaks I put it back together and still doesn’t work. So thanks for the suggestions I’m going see if I can plug the bottom until I get a valve replaced

I pulled the core (not sure what it’s called) out of the valve. I wrapped electrical tap around it and put it back in. That stopped the water flow through the low point drain tube. Hopefully that holds until I get the valve replaced.

Chris & Marilyn
    2021 Solitude 345GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My cold drain valve did the same thing, the o-ring was gone, Lowes and Home depot have the rubber O-rings for it, it uses #6 and #8 O-rings.
    used some faucet lube and a new ring solved it for me.
    2021 310gk
    2019 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pfd278 View Post
    My cold drain valve did the same thing, the o-ring was gone, Lowes and Home depot have the rubber O-rings for it, it uses #6 and #8 O-rings.
    used some faucet lube and a new ring solved it for me.
    Thank you! I will be visiting Lowe’s when we stop tomorrow!

Chris & Marilyn
    2021 Solitude 345GK